• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Catapulting Blight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So the idea is that I want to make the undead catapult model target a random point in the map and sling away a projectile to mentioned point with the attack animation. And after it lands a circle of blight will be created.
How would I go on doing this? Also it can't leak since it will be done on a big scale.

You will need a projectile system, which will calculate the distance and time for you. When it reaches its target, a callback function is usually executed.

Your callback function will be a static function, meaning that you cannot have any parameters and it is in this function that your create blight mechanism will be called.

Try checking out BPower's Missile system for your needs if in vJass, otherwise try checking out the maps and resources section for the missile system.

Level 4
You will need a projectile system, which will calculate the distance and time for you. When it reaches its target, a callback function is usually executed.

Your callback function will be a static function, meaning that you cannot have any parameters and it is in this function that your create blight mechanism will be called.

Try checking out BPower's Missile system for your needs if in vJass, otherwise try checking out the maps and resources section for the missile system.

Yeah what I did with enough succes is making them attack a dummy unit. And when the dummy unit dies to the attacker (the catapult) blight is created. Problem is is sometimes the huge range(max range) of the catapults attack can be quite funky and kill the unit before the projectile is there. Vjass will be a too big of a bite I feel like but I will check out the projectile systems that exists as of now. Thanks for you reply.

Level 13
I ... actually have done this already with object data alone.
You know the plague ward unit for the meat wagon's disease cloud ability?
Add the blight generation ability for buildings onto that.

You'll see what I mean. You can use this with summoning spells too, like Inferno, and just set the summoned unit to the plague ward. The radius for blight generation is wonky though, it goes with terrain circles. So, adjust the "area of effect" accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.