• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Catalog - accessing arrays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys,

I was just working with the catalog functions lately - and I like it. You can access every single piece of data of units, effects, behaviors etc. But I got a problem, I can't seem to find a way to access arrays in the catalog.
What I mean by arrays, are those entries in the data editor, that got a '+' behind their names, they include various of other entries.

To use the catalog functions, I use 'Catalog Field Value Get'. You need to enter a string, the field, to access a specific entry. Until now I used the raw data view to get the names I need to enter, but this doesn't work for those arrays. For example: I wanted to access the 'Data - Area -Effect' entry of a buff effect, the string would be 'AreaArray_Effect', but as I said earlier, this doesn't work. I have no problems using 'MaxCount' for example, I just can't access those arrays.

Anyone got an idea?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hmmm, it really returns you with nothing? No string or garbage or anything?

In that case it eithor is not supported, or you will need to enter something different.

As it is an array, maybe you need to specify the elements of it as well as the field type.
Eg 'AreaArray_Effect[0]' or 'AreaArray_Effect_0'

However the syntax could be anything, that is if it is even supported.

Level 7
I already tried a lot of things, all of them didn't work (including the ones you suggested).

When an entered field path is wrong, a red text appears ingame, which tells you that the specified object couldn't be found.

I don't see a reason, why something like this shouldn't be supported ... but yeah, everything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.