• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

castle wars 2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
lotz of thanks for the dragon mods and mansion modz!
fairly small map
i am not a very good map creator so im hopeing for this to shed some light
send in any ideas and coments that may improve both my skills and this map.
i originaly got the idea off a game i used to play twenty 4 seven ull notice if uv plsyed it
!so thanks! an enjoy

Keywords:
runescape dragon castle vs castle zammy sara
Contents

castle wars 2 (Map)

Reviews
13:40, 27th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Don't upload such low quality maps here, see post #3, Rejected.

M

13:40, 27th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Don't upload such low quality maps here, see post #3, Rejected.

Level 28
I have played Runescape Castle Wars (this map is based off that, as you've mentioned before).
RS CW is a mediocore game, nothing fancy, but that doesn't matter anyway.

Allthough Archangel Tidusx sums it up pretty much, here's a more expanded review :)

Review:

General

General:
  • Bad description (both in-game as on the hive), the description on the hive is the same as your other map
  • Credits not given (you say "Thanks", but to who?")
  • There are some typo's (even though you didn't change a lot)
  • Spell-descriptions were wrong (you didn't even change them...)

Gameplay:
  • I'm sorry to say this, but it's boring... there is nothing (absolutely nothing) new added
  • One side of each castle had masses of units, the other side was 'empty' :/
  • A hero cannot walk through the 'spears' before the bridge (on the east side).
Terrain/Objects

Terrain:
  • It's a very bad terrain, overdone blizzard cliffs, repetitive tiles, sudden changes, flat
  • Overdone doodads (delete all the fire-effects in the river, please).
  • Not a single tree, no "atmosphere" doodads

Objects:
  • Units are just the standard ones... with another model, name and other minor changes.
  • Spells haven't been changed at all (except the max level)
  • Spells do not cost mana... what's the point of that?
  • No items
  • The names of the heroes are a sign of incompetent mappers (sorry, it's the truth).
Triggers

• Very poor triggering
  • No leaks fixed
  • Only some basic functions have been used
  • Of course it all works... it would've been really sad if it didn't.
Overall

Unfortunately, this map is far from a good map...
The descriptions of the spells (which are just the standards) haven't been changed (you jsut had to add a few lines), the units/heroes are just standard units with minor changes, the triggering is very poor, the terrain is bad and the gameplay is boring and repetitive.

The quality of this map is too low for self-respecting sites such as The Hive.

Rating: 1/5
Vote for Rejection

Hints/Ideas

This is about everything you need for the basics.

Now, I'll give you some hints...
  • Runescape has spells (!), instead of the basic WC3 spells, use RS-spells
  • You can create an arena (the "wilderness" or something)
  • Original ideas are up to you... maybe a new attack-system, maybe a bag-system, item-system, ... (there are plenty of things you can do).
  • If you're creating an RS-based map, make it feel more RS-like, instead of some dragons, a few raiders and a lot of grunts.
  • Of course, create items! you can also add smithing/mining/alchemy/... (to create your own items), or make combination items.
May this post be the first step to "shed some light" (as you say it :p)