• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Castle Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
A WIP for the Fortress contest. I started this yesterday due to an overload of homework over the past few days. I'm hoping i can finish it in time for the contest but if not thats cool.

Its just the gate and part of the front wall, nowhere near done.

Edit: Woot i got it!

castlenl7.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
A WIP for the Fortress contest. I started this yesterday due to an overload of homework over the past few days. I'm hoping i can finish it in time for the contest but if not thats cool.

Its just the gate and part of the front wall, nowhere near done.

I hope you do not break any rules with these models, cause they aren't in World Editor and I can not link to the page to DL these extra models, do not know why, yet. (EDIT: I give in the web adress of wc3campaigns, than my browser loads for a few seconds, and than it stops ... with white screen ... and this isn't the only page I can not visit, there are otherones as well ...)

Looks nice so far, not much to see at the moment ...

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 8
Lmao. I whole heartedly assure you these are not custom models.
Walls and roof are made of column angle double doodads sized, colored, and slanted at angles to produce the desired effect.

So far this map could be playable with the use of elevators. (Simply have them at a set height and that will be the units height, like a section of normal tile, they're just very laggy unless you remove the skins. A problem i had in a previous fortress attempt where all the walls and stairs were made out of elevators, i had to make them skinless so my computer would not lag and when i loaded the skins for photos it took about 15 minutes, not a good idea.)

And of course to remind, this is very much so a WIP. This is just the front archway and wall, i have had no desires or attempts to add anything else until i get these parts finished.

At this rate the mass of homework i have over the next week i probably wont finish this in time for the contest, but i will finish it nonetheless

Level 8
Oh hehe yeah thats always my main problem. That portion is about 1500 doodads (The roof is the main reason for this) I was just thinking pathable =D

Level 8
Well i just got loaded down with homework to do over the next week so no way im finishing this by the contest deadline. (Everyone else is probably breathing a sigh of relief im sure xD)

However i will finish this as i am very proud of what i've done so far and i will attach the map file in case anyone wants to see what doodads i used and what i did to them for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.