1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have a new contest going on right now! Join the 11th Music Contest! You are to make a Cinematic modern sound-track for this contest, so come and compete with other people for fun.
    Dismiss Notice

Castle Fight 1.30 (SL)

Submitted by dd_mn
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
(Yet another) Castle Fight
Created by Gex\Elf_Stratigo\Vam-pirrr\dd_mn

Map Info

This map is another one of "Castle Fight" series, based on Castle Fight ES 1.22b.
The goal of the map is to defeat opposing team. To do this your team should win X rounds (X depends on game mode). You control a builder that can construct race-specific buildings. Some of this buildings periodically produce unit that moves to the enemy's Castle (Attacking units are uncontrollable). To win a round your units must overcome the enemy units, reach the Castle and destroy it. Your Castle can be destroyed by the same way - then you lose the round. Some units are particularly strong(or weak) against others because of their damage/armor type or abilities. Watch for armor and attack tips to choose right construction.

Features

There are a lot of differences with 1.22b, I can't recall everything. In general:
- some Elementals' and Nature's units\buildings\abilities are redesigned.
- overall performance is increased.
- 3 new units are added.
- new race (Desert Plains) is added.
- new modes:
si - enables streaming income, income period is 1s, income value depends on -itX;
cg - enables Castle gate, builder may close\open castle gate(experimental).
dom - changed, now team dominates if 10 or more units enter opposite team's area
Experimental: RS renamed to Devastating strike and could be cast even on enemy's base.

Gameplay Screenshots

On the way:

[​IMG]

Siege:

[​IMG]

Defending:

[​IMG]

Gate closed:

[​IMG]

Keywords:
Castle Fight
Contents

Castle Fight 1.30 (SL) (Map)

Reviews
13:43, 30th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Map approved and set as recommended.
  1. 13:43, 30th Mar 2014
    Orcnet: Map approved and set as recommended.

2. taavidude

taavidude

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    can i play it with bots too?

3. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. dd_mn

dd_mn

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure, AI can play at medium level.
    I'll add the description asap.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  5. dd_mn

dd_mn

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gex had abandoned CF development a long ago. This map was recreated by Elf_Stratigo although map concept and most races are the same as in Gex's original. Later development of this version was stopped and author had passed source. Imo differences between this map and Gex's version are significant enough (but it's more evident to those who play CF often)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  6. Metalbear

Metalbear

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    WUUUUT?!
    Dud StoPCampinGn00b, you should TRY the map before you even comment it! Its much more improved and balanced then what gex left over to rot!
    I am one of the CF maniac fans who support this map!

7. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Please calm down, SCN is just stating some opinions there, seriously calm down.

8. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    looks interesting and fun
    but from the screenshot, i guess your terrain still need some work.. too flat

Edit: Maybe i'm wrong, i just look at the road and the castle area xD

9. dd_mn

dd_mn

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes terrain isn't beautiful and I hope that someone good at terraining will improve it (although 99% of game time player looks at lane and castle area)

10. hangphyr

hangphyr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last updated today.. what is changed?

11. dd_mn

dd_mn

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -Stout shaman - upgrade cost: 100->125, improved Bloodlust: +45% dmg, +5 armor.
    -Gnoll-Ambusher - becomes invisible if acquired enemy (3s invisibility max), its attack from invisible state deals 200 dmg, 15s cooldown.
    -Gates mechanics redesigned a bit.
    -2 Blast staffs stack into Double Blast staff, 2 Double staffs stack into Quad Blast staff.
    -A little redesigned terrain - path between Castles is shorter now (experimental)
    -RS renamed to Devastating Strike and can be used anywhere (experimental).
    -Slight balance changes
    Post bug reports\ideas\suggestions if you have any.

12. hangphyr

hangphyr

Resources:
    Resources:
    -Not sure if I like the unlimited range rescue strike
    -I think unlimited range blink is best workers, reduces clicks
    -Shorter castle path is good, I never liked the swamp in the middle
    -More unit upgrade paths would be nice, especially with the goal of at least 1 ultimate unit per side.
    -For example, a large demon ultimate for the chaos side (demon summon ability? mass curse? spawn in a temporary gate that spawns in temporary imps?)
    -I liked the troll trapper ultimate in the war3.eu version
    -Give northern faction an ultimate frost dragon maybe? Maybe with a special ability to cover a section of ground with frost that lasts a short period of time (damage, slow, freeze chance? maybe devour ability also?)
    -I'm not sure where towers can fit in right now.. the blast staff might be a better option for damage, maybe the towers should be more of a blocking and distraction role? It is rough when attackers split off around the castle to kill buildings behind it, towers can help that but they're very hit or miss any round. They might need upgrade trees for this, especially relating to increasing health/armour/regen/some other sorts of special abilities (like stunning nearby enemies, slowing, cursing, etc)
    -Maybe allow the power plant to slightly increase the suicide damage of gobin sappers and kamikazes
    -Do goblin repair robots currently leave the base to repair mechanical units that have already left the castle? Maybe if there are no buildings to repair, they could do that.

13. dd_mn

dd_mn

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've played dozen of rounds with unlimited range rescue strike - everybody used it as usual.
    Chaos has 2 ultimates...orcs, northern,desert and mechanics haven't.
    Blast staff isn't best option for any race because it has no splash and its dps is lower than any tower has.
    Repair bots behavior is handled by engine now...ofc they are not very useful on offense...and I've seen they did repair damaged units that left the castle area.

14. dd_mn

dd_mn

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Updated:
    -Heroic shrine: lumber cost: 1500->1600, chance 15%->13% (+5% for each consequent)
    -Shrine of Justice: chance 20%->16% (+4% for each consequent)
    -Artillery : gold cost 200->220, damage: 300+100->250+100
    -Sanctum of Decay (City of Decay) : can be upgraded (8->10>12dps), each upgrade requires 1 food.
    -Stasis totem: has variable cooldown: 35-45s
    Rune of restoration: has 2 AoE now - 1st repairs 1.25 hp\s in 1300 AoE and 2nd repairs 2.5 in 700 AoE (like former did).

15. sentrywiz

sentrywiz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've been wanting to recreate CF for months, but couldn't find an open source map. Where did you get yours?

I'm a great CF fan. Will check it out. Especially since it can be played with AI

16. LeonXardo66

LeonXardo66

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm very good in making terrain, hope you like if i modify you terrain,, i have create many map as i can do,, and its great,, I change tiles and cliff of the terrain to look more cool.

17. dd_mn

dd_mn

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Former developer (Elf-Stratigo) had passed map source to me and Sunus.
    I'd recreated AI because I was not satisfied with existing one and I myself play with AI against human opponents+AI.
    Of course AI is far from perfect - it doesn't build towers and uses its RS not very effective sometimes.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  18. hangphyr

hangphyr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty rarely do they waste RS, I've found them to be surprisingly effective at it.

Probably other areas such as towers, building placement, and buying items could use more attention.

19. dd_mn

dd_mn

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You mean buying and using scroll\orbs? It is more or less evident whether\when AI should buy "Drum'n'Bass" orbs and less evident for Orb of Lightning, Rune of restoration, Scroll of Stone.