• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Caster System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
You mean you want to make a chain freezing spell? Darky used this idea in RotD, so I'm sure that there is already one in the spells section. I gave instructions on how to make any chain spell somewhere on this forum; I don't know where. I'll add it to the FAQ tomorrow.

~The_Raven

Level 2
Help

I created a crappy chain freeze but it works except for having the unit(s) attacked to be slowed. I just took chain lightning and changed the lightning to drain mana. Then changed the art model thing to frost nova. ya i suck

Level 2
Darky

I downloaded many of darky's spells. I couldnt get any to work. When i save map or test it it always tells me the script has errors. I cant get your chain freezing to work on my map. WE keeps giving telling me there are errors on the script but when i tested ur demo map w/ chain freezing it works fine. anything i have to change?

Level 9
Here's a basic way to create chain spells.
1) Create a hero spell based off the desired spell. Make it target only one unit.
2) Create a dummy spell also based off of the desired spell.
3) Detect when the hero spell is casted and create a dummy caster.
4) Order the caster to cast the dummy spell on a random unit matching conditions.
5) Repeat step 4 as many times as you want the spell to bounce.

~The_Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.