• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castable Hidden abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was creating a map and decided to have only 2 keys for most of the spells, which then led to having 2 copies of each abilities.

Now, whenever I add an ability, one of the two copies needs to remain hidden(like on and off, one needs to be off) so If the other one is revealed, the current one should be hidden as well.

One of those abilities was based on War Stomp ability and I have 2 (as stated, 2 copies for each ability) for each unit.

Take note that each copies have different hotkeys, for example first copy has hotkey D while second is hotkey F.

Now I revealed F, which then hides D (note that we are talking about the War Stomp ability). Whenever I cast revealed War Stomp, the unit who has both abilities can always cast the hidden ability.

IF you are confused:
- Unit A receives War Stomp F and War Stomp D
- Code reveals F for player, while D is hidden from the player.
- Unit A casts F, which causes D to be cast (due to order collision; F doesn't go on cooldown when casted; this doesn't occur 100% of the time)

This can also happen:
- Unit A casts F, which causes D to be cast(Both abilities go on cooldown)
Now can I request somebody to help me find these abilities that can be casted when hidden? I tried storm bolt and wind walk as well, but they cast the abilities that are revealed, only (so far) war stomp casts the hidden ability.
Let me rephrase that:
Are there other abilities that, when given to a unit multiple times(let's say two times), will cast all the copies?

Level 19
once you casted something, you calling for orderstring instead of raw id. therefore every skill with the same orderstring will fire as well. I had this revelation years ago. Basically you can use it for shared cooldowns, but you have to track which skill was actually casted to remove effect of second one.

and the order of you put abilities to unit matters too. check it out youself, i dont remember exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.