• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't use mp3 sound on my map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant use this mp3 file on my map! Any1 who has an idea why it doesn't work? rep to the one who helps me!

Attachments

• Namnlöst.jpg
    Namnlöst.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Lotr.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
Level 11
A wise man said to read tutorials it will help, also I'm not sure but if I'm guessing all you did was rename the file and place .MP3 at the end of it, of course it won't work like that.

Audacity is your free sound editor, and can compress sounds to. Just set it to 96000 Hz , once imported to the map change the sound variable pitch to .46 around and it will sound the same thing although the quality will be slightly lowered.

I also tried it, gave me the same error. Try converting to something else then back to mp3.

Have already tried several times to diffrent filetypes...

Here, re-encoded it with Xilisoft Converter Platinum, added to WE fine.

Thx, I have also Xilisoft Converter , but not Platinum, but that wouldn't make any diffrence. And why is ur file so much bigger than mine?

Also if you download Audacity (free sound editing program) you can re-record it or just export it again to a new file without losing quality.

Ok, thx! I will try it!

A wise man said to read tutorials it will help, also I'm not sure but if I'm guessing all you did was rename the file and place .MP3 at the end of it, of course it won't work like that.

Audacity is your free sound editor, and can compress sounds to. Just set it to 96000 Hz , once imported to the map change the sound variable pitch to .46 around and it will sound the same thing although the quality will be slightly lowered.

Ok, thx for trying to help!

Rep 2 u all guys! Thx a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.