• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't upload map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hello. I got a small issue. Can't update a map file from mobile (android, chrome). The issue has persisted since the last time I checked, last month.

The file upload progress goes to 100% and the filename changes to the new map version, but pressing the "post resource" button throws an error message. Please help?

Screenshot_20220222_214304_com.android.chrome.jpg

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Hey! Can you retry, please ? The only resource type I've uploaded from phone was an icon I think. Although it shouldn't be an issue with maps.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I have the same problem. With reforged you can now have war3mapMap and loadingscreen as .dds which doesn't seem to work on hive.
But it only applies on Reforged Maps asaik.

Level 23
The file 'war3mapmap.blp' file is not a BLP file, it is a TGA file and should have the path war3mapmap.tga instead of war3mapmap.blp.

So if you rename it, everything should work. Also. Does this work in Warcraft as is?
That's incorrect. What you are referring to is the map preview "war3mapPreview.tga" which is in .tga. "war3mapMap.blp" is the minimap displayed in the bottom left during the game and it is blp. Since the reforged launcher can't display .tga, it displays the "war3mapMap.blp" which is why many mapmakers use it as an alternative to show a preview image in reforged these days.
Also since reforged does not care about the ending either being .blp or .dds for any texture that supported .blp before, I only have a wa3mapMap.dds file in my map and no war3mapMap.blp nor war3mapPreview.tga. Your parser tries to extract a file which does not exist, that is the problem here. Epicwar has the same restriction.

@Frotty, can I see your map?
I already linked you to the download page on maps reforged, where I can successfully upload the map. But attached also for your comfort.

That minimap would never have worked on the site at least. It's erroneously named.

It's not about the minimap failing to be displayed by the hive, it's about the map upload causing an internal server error because it's trying to extract something and fails. Imho you should either show a requirement error or simply lift the requirement and accept maps which are playable with the reforged client.

Attachments

• Zombie_Defense_0.21w_w3pro.w3x
    16.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
@Frotty, your map gives me this:
Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Received invalid UTF-8 for string column [title]

I get this as the title:
Code:
Ê\x12\v\x01

I will investigate further.

The other map has a war3mapmap.blp file which is truly a TGA inside. Check it out.

EDIT:

The war3map.w3i file in your map is seemingly empty, resulting in the title being parsed from the MPQ header which as of Reforged no longer contains the title.

Imho you should either show a requirement error or simply lift the requirement and accept maps which are playable with the reforged client.
I agree. Ultimately I don't want the upload system to fail for completely valid maps.

Last edited:
Level 23
The war3map.w3i file in your map is seemingly empty, resulting in the title being parsed from the MPQ header which as of Reforged no longer contains the title.
I think you either extracted the wrong file or parsed with the wrong format (reforged added 0x1F).
The w3i is completely normal and contains the map's name in plaintext as you can see in any hex editor.
1647096811326.png

I agree. Ultimately I don't want the upload system to fail for completely valid maps.
As you could see by starting the map in the reforged client, everything works completely fine.
Can we expect any short term fix on the horizon or some ETA of months?

Level 17
I didn't say in any editor, I said the MPQ editor I used wouldn't open it 😅 I wasn't in a position to test it in some other tools that may work on it, but it is protected on the MPQ level.

Also now that I'm in the conversation I have to read it :p
The W3M/W3X header is barely a thing at all 1.32, with maps exporting as regular MPQs from all of my tests. It just not having a map name sounds improbable, it's more likely there was none at all. Note that I'm talking about the map header rather than MPQ header, as the MPQ headers are what makes maps actually openable in any version of the game.

Level 23
All files extracted from your map are empty.
I wasn't in a position to test it in some other tools that may work on it, but it is protected on the MPQ level.
Then you are probably not using the most recent version of mpqeditor, because I successfully extracted the .w3i file shown above using mpqeditor from the attached map.
Are you using some new form of map protection?
No, w3p makes use of some mpq techniques known for ages, nothing new. Again - the map loads and plays fine, which should be the main concern here imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.