• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Can't set values for Cluster Rockets through triggers ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I have run into my first very strange and frustrating issue.

I've created a lot of custom spells and are controlling most of them through, and changing their values with triggers.
But apparently I can't do that for my custom ability of 'Cluster Rockets' and it's bugging me out big time.
Since this is first time I've run into such an issue. I've tried and tried changing different values at different levels, but nothing seems to work. I can't change the Damage Amount, Damage Interval or Max Damage, I just need to be able to change one of these and I could get it to work.

Is this a common issue or can anyone just tell me what is going on? What am I doing wrong?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Hello, I have run into my first very strange and frustrating issue.

I've created a lot of custom spells and are controlling most of them through, and changing their values with triggers.
But apparently I can't do that for my custom ability of 'Cluster Rockets' and it's bugging me out big time.
Since this is first time I've run into such an issue. I've tried and tried changing different values at different levels, but nothing seems to work. I can't change the Damage Amount, Damage Interval or Max Damage, I just need to be able to change one of these and I could get it to work.

Is this a common issue or can anyone just tell me what is going on? What am I doing wrong?
Post your trigger and perhaps a picture of your Object Editor data for the ability.

Possible Issues:
1) You're using the wrong Damage fields
2) The ability field simply doesn't work (the "new" ability/unit/real/integer fields are unfinished)
3) The ability isn't setup correctly in the Object Editor

Last edited:
Level 1
It's not an issue that the ability won't work, becuase it does do damage when I use it, but I can't change the damage values through triggers.

This is the trigger, it's just a real fast trigger test trigger to see if I actually could change it. I can see that the unit has the ability in level 1 everytime it's called, so that shouldn't be an issue right?
I'm just setting the damage values to different things, just to see which one would work. I know it'd be level 0 that would change it, but now I just tried.
sHhpR0I

ability_trigger.jpg
Ability shouldn't miss anything? Again, it does work when I use the ability normal, but it won't let me change the data.
ability_sheet.jpg

IgWkaYG

Just as the actual data values, so you can see it's the right things I'm trying to change. The value I'm most after editing is the Ncs1.
ability_data_sheet.jpg

leEmD0j

Level 1
First of all, three of your images are broken @GnomenxD .
From experience I know that cluster Rockets has a lot of hardcoding, maybe its not possible to change.

Have you tried the ability without refering to a unit?

If nobody finds a solution, I suggest make a similar ability out if channel. You would need a trigger to deal damage and get the bounty from trigger kills.
You're modifying an ability called Cluster Arrows, not Cluster Rockets, in your trigger.
He is modifying both abilities, probably fpr test reasons.

Level 1
@John Schneddi - Yeah I know about the pictures, this is my very first post here so I was unsure how to post pictures. But figured it out afterwards.

@Uncle I think you're right Cluster Rockets has big issues, which also was the only thing I could find from others posts.
So I've just decided to do all the damage values through triggers and only use Cluster Rockets as a visual effect.

Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.