• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't play some maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
When I try to select a map in Single Player, the Player Properties doesn't load at all. Example, the map has 12 players, the player slots doesn't show. The same happens in LAN, when I click 'Create Game', it blacks for about half a second and then I automatically go back to the Player Name screen (The part where you edit your name).

The weird thing is, it works on other types of maps but spefically do not work on protected maps. The map I have played months ago loads fine, but today, it won't load at all. I tried downloading a handful of maps from hive (protected maps) and it also doesn't work. I tried downloading unprotected maps and it does work.

Default WC3 maps (like Booty Bay) works fine. I don't know what the problem is. Patch is 1.26. Map name is valid and Map file size is also valid.
From my observation, only a selected few protected maps do not work.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.