1. The mythological era has spawned some interesting characters around. Check them out and be sure to vote for them in the 30th Poll of the Texturing Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't find data in Import manager

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Wayshan, May 16, 2016.

1. Wayshan

Wayshan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey. I have a map, which can be opened in editor and uses a lot of imported stuff. However there is nothing displayed the in import manager.

Is there a way by which the data (models and other stuff) can be recovered except of MPQ editor? I can rip models and textures in MPQ editor but the names are weird.

Thanks in advance :ogre_haosis:

2. Alright

Alright

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think this is one of the methods when protecting a map in that imports and other information are stripped from the map itself (but still in MPQ) so it just ends up being missing from the manager. I could be wrong though, as I haven't really done some protecting, although I've seen it like this before.

I wouldn't really advise ripping off models from the maps without permission, though, unless it's open source/public.

3. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Sorry, but we don't support ripping/deprotecting other people's maps. It isn't nice. :(

4. Wayshan

Wayshan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sure. The problem is, that these models can't be downloaded anywhere and authors of these maps are not active anymore. Whatever, thanks for your time, guys ;)