• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannot progress after saving Grom Hellscream in Thrall's Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello! I have been playing Reforged recently and felt like playing the Campaign for once, usually I just play custom games or normal single player stuff. However, when I try to progress passed the chapter where you save Grom and finally leave on the humans' ships, there is no way to progress. The screen goes black and stays that way and I am forced to close Warcraft 3 via the task manager. It also does not count me as beating that level. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I am stumped, its happened three times so far and I am not sure what is happening. If anyone has insight, thanks in advance!
Also hope you all have a nice day!

Level 29
Latest patches of Reforged, in general, likes breaking some elements of the game (both gameplay and editor).
For this case, it could be linked to the broken game cache. As Retera said:
  • The game has a new caching bug where any file that loads caches and keeps loading that same file for that path until Warcraft 3 restarts, so RPG saves dont work properly without restarting the Warcraft III game after exiting the RPG map
    • Possibly related to the caching system, I heard that custom maps with imported overrides to Terrain now frequently crash the World Editor until the Terrain texture override is removed
  • The new caching bug, or something like it, is causing the Rexxar Campaign that is built into the game to freeze and be unplayable
Not only the Prologue one that was bugged. Some people said it was also happened in other campaigns like Rexxar (map transition) and RPG maps (save-load features).

Yes, if it helps, the recent patches breaking the campaign the most released starting on August 17th, 2022, so if you have a backup of Reforged from before that date on your computer, you could try the backup and see if the backup doesn't crash. But to do that, be sure to run it in a way that doesn't automatically update from touching Battle.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.