• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannons

Level 2
Hello everybody,

i'm working on this ship map project for a while. it's kind of an RPG, you're controlling a ship and act as a trader/pirate/privateer, sailing the high seas.

I'm trying to make the best cannons possible so i'm looking for a spell or a way to make it by trigger.

I want my cannons to shoot in a straight line and the cannon ball explodes when it finds a target. I tried making it using a goblin saper that would explode when wlose enough from a target but it doesn't work really well, right now i settled for a shockwave but it's not optimal as the cannonball continues travelling after crossing the target and could damage an unwanted target.
My latest idea is to use the stampede spell, but it can't target water so the trigger doesn't want to channel the spell (i tried using a dummy as target, but the stampede spell cannont target a unit, only unit location, so back to square one).

I'm open to any idea would it be scripted or ability

link to map : Life of a Pirate v .0

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I would use a Missile system. Here's a bunch of examples.

Attachments

• Chopinski Missile Demo 1.w3m
    78.3 KB · Views: 5