• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can you give units autocast abilities with autocast toggled on by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is it possible to give a unit, say, Faerie Fire, to a unit with the Autocast toggled on? I just found out that giving it normally through triggers would not 'turn on' the Autocast. :(

Level 2
I thought you wanted this for abilities added by triggers.
I can't use Jass though since it looked very complicated the first time I tried to pick it up. My apologies, I should've specified GUI :/

The trigger giving units the ability with autocast on was, admittingly, supposed to be a band-aid fix until I could find the root of the problem since me giving the ability out normally still wouldn't turn on autocast before.

The band-aid fix failed me the first time because of that field being empty. It was only after filling it in that I can add abilities to the unit via triggers with autocast on. It seems that I can only have 1 ability with autocast on though :/

Last edited:
There are this GUI-Actions dis/enabling auto cast. Inside order unit without target.
Problem here is you need to specificly now and tell the game which ability you want to be autocasted or, if it is custom ability the default skill it is based on.
  • Test
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- enable autocast --------
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Activate Faerie Fire
      • -------- disable autocast --------
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Deactivate Faerie Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.