• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can you get remove/hide icons for passive abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
More specifically, I am working on a spell book type ability that stores passive abilities and skills for heroes. That way, I have more space for the active abilities to be readily available for the player's finger tips.

Take for example:

The following trigger uses two abilities:
1 dummy hero ability for lvling purposes
1 unit ability for actual damage, effects, etc

And 1 upgrade so that the player has to actually spend a skill point on the ability before the ability becomes active.

Events:
A unit learns a skill

Conditions:
Skill = <skill name(Lrn)>

Actions:
>>If level of <skill name(Lrn)> for triggering unit = 1 then set current research level <skill name(upg)> to 1 for owner of triggering unit else do nothing
>>Set level of <skill name> for learning hero to level of <skill name(Lrn)> for triggering unit

And now my problem:

Everything works fine. You can learn the skill, it shows up in the spell book. The trigger levels everything and adjusts the ability's display in the spell book correctly. The only thing is, since I'm using a dummy hero ability to control the leveling of the skill...I still have a "blank" green icon showing, since the dummy ability has no icon selected.

So the question is, is there either A) a way to hide the "blank" icon from showing? because I was planning on using all available slots for abilities or command buttons. OR B) is there a particular ability I should base my dummy abilities off of that will never display a "blank" icon?

Edit:

And while I'm thinking of it....what is wrong with this trigger?

I'm trying to use a trigger to give a hero a 20% chance to cripple his target.

The trigger itself works fine...well almost. It spawns the "dummy" caster, but the caster fails to cast his spell. And it hasn't been because the target was already killed. I've given this ability to a level 1 hero for testing...and watched fight after fight. Caster shows up....but no effect.

Events:
A unit is attacked

Conditions:
>>Owner of attacked unit is an enemy of attacking unit = true
>>level of crippling strike for attacking unit = 1

Actions:
>>Set csChance = random # 1 - 10
>>If csChance = cs1 or cs2
THEN DO
>>Create 1 csStrike for owner of attacking unit at point of attacking unit facing default
>>Order last created unit to undead necro cripple attacked unit
>>Add 2 second expire timer to last created unit
ELSO DO
>>nothing

Notes: csStrike is a custom unit that I am using for all my custom abilities for my current project. For the display of this code sample, I used the name csStrike for better clarity.

The values of the variables cs1 (random 1-5) and cs2 (random 6-10) are generated randomly at the beginning of the game. The values once set then remain static until you start a new game.

Level 1
Marcelo Hossomi said:
And, for the "dummy dont cast the spell" problem, did you removed the cooldown, mana cost, increased the cast range and set the allowed targets correctly?

Yeah scratch that question, I took a look at one of my other spells I had done for something similar...and about smacked myself in the head. I forgot about all of that. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.