• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Can you Find the Bug?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello! I have a problem with my Map (NEX HERO DEFENSE).
There was a Bug report that I myself have met, but could not confirm.

- BUG DETAILS -

When creeps die at the point & time of spawning, there is a chance of
just stopping the Spawn for ever. I tryied to fix that bug by
turning off the trigger "Timer" when the Spawning Starts and
turn it back on when the Spawning Ends.

hi dude :grin: 3 days ago i played your map (last version) on garena,some guy host it.... That was 1 time that i play your map ...,i play about 20 min and creeps just stop to spawn,i dont now whay but they stop coming,maybe that hapens 1 time in 1000 games,but.....We wait about 5 min and nothing hapen,so we [...]

Man you have serious leaks in creep spawning,today i test 3-4 times your map alone and i use chit becouse i cant test alone...I use "whosyourdaddy'' cheat, i enter spawning place and start killing creeps while they spawning,in wave with Gargoyle they stop spawning,also when i rmk they stop spawning in other waves,i think that problem can be if players kill creeps while they spawning or maybe if they kill creeps very fast [...]

- MAP TRIGGERS INVOLVED -

[HIDDEN="Spawning" Trigger]
  • Spawning
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.80 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tmpPoint = (Center of Spawn <gen>)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • StopSpawn Not equal to CreepSpawnCount(LevelCount)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 CreepLevel[LevelCount] for HostileCreeps at tmpPoint facing 270.00 degrees
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Last created unit) is A Hero) Equal to Tue
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to LevelCount, Hide level-up graphics
              • Game - Display to (All player for 10.00 seconds the text: |cffFF0000!!!BOSS R...
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • CatapultMSG Equal to False
                  • (Unit-type of (Last created unit)) Equal to Catapult |cff303030[Level 8]|r
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to Players for 15.00 seconds the text: |cffFF0000You bette...
                  • Set CatapultMSG = True
                • Else - Actions
                  • Do nothing
          • Set StopSpawn = (StopSpawn + 1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Timer <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tmpPoint)
[/HIDDEN]
[HIDDEN="When All Creeps Die" Trigger]
  • Timer
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 10.00 seconds
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Food used becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set LevelCount = (LevelCount + 1)
        • If - Conditions
          • LevelCount Equal to (LastLevel + 1)
        • Then - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in Players and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Game - Victory (Picked player) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (LevelCount mod 20) Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- ______________________Give 60 seconds on Boss Level______________________ --------
              • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Timer with title ((BOSS |cffFF0000† + (String(LevelCount))) + †|r)
              • Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 60.00 seconds
              • Set TimerWindow = (Last created timer window)
              • Countdown Timer - Show TimerWindow
              • Player Group - Pick every player in Players and do (Player - Add (LevelCount x 80) to (Picked player) Current gold)
              • Game - Display to Players for 4.00 seconds the text: ((ColorGold + Gold: +) + ((String((LevelCount x 80))) + $|r))
              • Game - Display to Players for 55.00 seconds the text: |cffFF0000You have ...
                • If - Conditions
                  • LevelCount Not equal to 40
                • Then - Actions
                  • Do nothing
                • Else - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn on Level 40 Boss <gen>
                  • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: (ColorofPlayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + You are no match for me without Magic!!!|r)
                  • Player Group - Pick every player in Players and do (Player - Change color of (Picked player) to Light Blue, Changing color of existing units)
            • Else - Actions
              • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Timer with title ((Wave + (String(LevelCount))) + (/ + (String(LastLevel))))
              • Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 5.00 seconds
              • Set TimerWindow = (Last created timer window)
              • Countdown Timer - Show TimerWindow
              • Player Group - Pick every player in Players and do (Player - Add ((LevelCount x 35) + 65) to (Picked player) Current gold)
              • Game - Display to Players for 4.00 seconds the text: ((ColorGold + Gold: +) + ((String(((LevelCount x 35) + 65))) + $|r))
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
[/HIDDEN]

[HIDDEN="Timer Ends" Trigger]
  • Time Ends
    • Events
      • Time - Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Destroy TimerWindow
      • Set StopSpawn = 0
      • Trigger - Turn on Spawning <gen>
[/HIDDEN]

< Thanks in Advance! >

Last edited:
Level 9
StopSpawn Not equal to CreepSpawnCount(LevelCount)

At every level there are -CreepSpawnCount- creeps. When they are all spawned the trigger will stop. e.g. If there should be spawned 20 creeps, at every spawn I add one to -StopSpawn- and when it reaches 20 it stops the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.