• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can you change your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well whether or not they are in the rules shouldn't matter if the webmaster steps in. The webmaster has the right to change the rules at any time, they are his rules. And what he posted is good enough for me explaining reasons why he doesn't change usernames for free. I'm sure he has better things to do than change everyones username all day. If it was my site, I wouldn't even allow username changes because it may not be time consuming to change ONE name, but imagine tons of users wanting to change their name because its free.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I personally would let people change their username once every few years for free, only if they are not heavilly active or well known. If no one knows who the hell some one is then no one will even know about a name change.

In games I am a strong believer that people should be able to change their username when ever they want however all links to them still apply.

Well I don't believe the argument is whether or not you should have to pay for a name change anymore, it's just that some people don't like the wording calling it donations and other people feel the rules are a bit fuzzy allowing some people to get away with free name changes. I'm not saying to remove the cost of name changing, I'm just saying:

yeah hakeem and ralle really need to go ahead and implement the new rules

is probably best because this argument won't go away until you have concrete rules that say exactly in what situations you can have a name change. I believe the reason this argument has gone on so long is because the rules aren't exactly clear and have doubt which in the opinion of the moderators can change from person to person. Basically, there's enough "if" that's unwritten that people will think that by pushing their argument they may still be able to get a free name change.

Level 6
I also agree that name changing should be free, but...

I don't think Ralle is going to change the rules of username chaning anytime soon, so... not really any point of arguing.

Level 22
I like the rules how they are. If everyone could change their name for free then many would change their name which would lead to a lot of confusion. If you hate your name so much you can't stand the sight of it then just pay. If you don't then that just means you don't really hate your name that much.

Level 7
$20 for a username change is a bit unreasonable. What's gonna stop anyone from just re-creating another account? You should get like 3 free username changes, and after that, no more changes.

Whats going to stop people from re-creating another account are:
Friends
Fame
And possibly the date of registration... As the hive respects older members far more than the newer ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.