• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone make this trigger for me ? Auto Chain Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
  • auto chain lighting
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
  • (Level of Chain lighting for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
  • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than Proc_chance
  • Actions
  • Set temp_point = (Position of (Attacking unit))
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at temp_point facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Attacked unit)
  • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_loc)
can someone make this trigger for me ?

i have tried to do it myself but i have no experience in this and i need this trigger done before tommorrow. so please someone help me :/

i can pay for this work.

I need this done so i can make an item like Malestrom in Dota, with a chance of casting chain lightning on auto attack. Please let me know if this trigger would not work for such spell.

Last edited:
Level 8
im trying to make an Auto Chain Lightning for my Maelstrom, i was told to make an trigger/system, but when i try my older versions of my map the maelstrom works... is it possible that auto chain lightning can work without an trigger ???

please check this topic, theres an link to my map also, maybe you can help me out why the chain lightning on Maelstrom/Mjolnir wont apply when attacking units ?

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
stimmedmarine, the majority of hive users won't download your map and debug it for you, but they will give you tips on debugging for yourself.

What I want you to do is check that the actions function is processing, to do that, add the action:

add an action that says "display text to all players - 'processed'" this will let you know that your conditions are in fact being met.

Level 10
The trigger seems to be ok, assuming that you have given the dummy unit a chain lightning -based spell in the object editor and that chain lightning (in the condition) is a passive ability. Are you sure that you have set the mana cost of chain lightning to 0?

Anyway, that trigger has one weakness even if you get it to work: If you spam 'stop' while attacking a creature, you will cast chain lightning very quickly. Another way to make an item like that would be to use orb of slow as a base ability. That solution has a weakness too. Chain lightning will only be cast if a unit is ordered to attack or attack move.

The best way to make this ability would be to use damage detection, but that might be too complicated.

Level 8
right now im using no trigger, i dont know how to make an trigger. But how can it be that in my older versions of my map, the auto chain lightning "Maelstrom" works ?

please look at my map and maybe see what i done wrong :/ ?

i can pay money or forum gold for someone to help me with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.