• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell: Passive Chain Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey guys.
I really need a spell that I cannot do...
It's a passive chain of lightning abillity.

Name: Chain of Lightning (Passive)

Description: Every time the hero attacks he has a 15% chance to hit the enemy with a chain of lightning dealing hero's intelligence multiplied by two intelligence and striking 4 other enemy units. Each jump, the damage is reduced by 10%. The same unit cannot be hit twice by this lightning.

More information...
I need this spell done in GUI. The core can be in JASS or vJASS but whatever...
I need it MUI (yeah, sounds crazy...).

What else I need...
I need to be able to chose how many times does it jump.
I need to set up a variable damage. (like 2xHero's Intelligence)
I need to chose the range to pick another target.
And stuff.

I really need this thing...
I wish someone can help me.

Level 7
Hm, sounds rough but possible if what I'm thinking works out. Anyways, I have a question before attempting this beast. Can % chance orb effects be detected when they go off? Else you might have a problem (that is, unless you get a damage-detection thing) because the usual "Unit attacks.." event can be exploited pretty easily or do you not care?

Level 7
Hehehe...took 3 hours but it should be bug free. Anyways, it still can affect invulnerable units (of course it won't do damage) but I left that in cause...I like trying to zap invulnerable units. It turned out nice and should be easily customizable. Sort of a lot of variables cause you wanted things easily changeable...so...yea. Enjoy!

Oh yea, it's also 100% chance just so I could test it for MUI, and it is(should). It may lag if you have too much lightning too; I don't think that's correctable with lightning.

Last edited:
Level 21
Thanks Best, I'm testing it right now.
I'll edit this post later to say what I think.

Edit:
If the chain hits the maximum numbers of units allowed, then the last unit hit by the lightning doesn't take damage and the floating text isn't showed.
The rest is nice! :D

But i really need that bux fixed.
I'll try to fix it myself now.

Level 7
Ok, didn't notice that. Updated version fixes last-hit floating text, floating text on air, and (I think) # of bounces. Btw, can I upload this to the spell's section? since some other GUI users might need it (wait...do I need permission haha). Well since its specifically for you...maybe I do.

Go here if you're looking for updates.
Passive Chain Lightning

Attachments

• Chain of Lightning test5.w3x
    26.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.