• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone fix the mage model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I look into the model... And it was made to be a hero model... If you change the 'Dissipate' animation name to 'Decay Flesh', it will suit better as a unit...
Also there is no geoset of the decaying bones usually seen after unit model's 'Death' (which explains why there is no decaying bones seen)...
And regarding the Portrait... There is NONE to begin with (which is why you will see random camera angle of the model as portrait during gameplay)...
You will need to get permission from the original creator to edit the model...

NOTE : All the animation is based on WcIII Necromancer model...

Level 13
hm i was lucky Strategy Master replied on wc3c

"Re: wc2 mage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaShadan
hi
i need permission to let someone edit the wc2 Mage your team created cause its an awesome model but bugged :(

Greetings
TaShadan

Permission granted!

SM
"

so can someone fix it please?

Level 18
WcII Mage Version 2

Here's a fixed version of the model...
Changes made: I added decaying bones during 'Decay' animations and a simple Portrait...

NOTE : I didn't test the model in-game since I didn't have it's custom skins, so back-up your map before you import the model in...

Attachments

• WCIIMageV2.mdx
    92.7 KB · Views: 107
Level 13
thx i will try it

seems to work so far :)
the only strange thing is that when he dies he sinks into the ground but the bone appears alittle bit after that not while he is sinking

Attachments

• WCIIMage.blp
    84.6 KB · Views: 76
  • WCIIMage_P.blp
    145.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.