• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Can someone cut this map for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I want to use a portion of Lord_Marrowgrath's Aos Template 1.0, but the map extends beyond the cell limit, normally that wouldn't be a problem, but since i want to use a specific part of the map, i try reducing the map bounds so it only has that part, leaving out the rest, but this specific part always gets cut, i am able to reduce map bounds, but the part i want, which is far to the right, is getting cut.

My guess is that i would be able to manipulate the bounds to my liking, if i used the same method the author used to extend the map in the first place, but i do not, hence the request.

Sorry if this seems too stupid to create a request, but i already tried a few things and nothing worked, the map in question has two big AoS-like isles, and two little arena-like isles, i want only the big isle on the right along with the two small arenas, leaving out the big isle on the left side

Level 6
i try reducing the map bounds so it only has that part, leaving out the rest, but this specific part always gets cut, i am able to reduce map bounds, but the part i want, which is far to the right, is getting cut.

Yes, i know about that, the problem is that when i try to "crop" the map, it instantly leaves some space out, due to the map bounds being manipulated in an advanced way not available in the regular world editor (beyond max size)
ss-jpg.374637

ss2-jpg.374638

ss3-jpg.374639

↑ it does that automatically when you try to modify map bounds, and the lost zone can't be let back in

Level 6
I am slightly annoyed by your constant dismissal of my problem without really looking into it, but i'm a mature person so i'll just repeat myself again: I do know how to modify map bounds, the problem is this specific map, it seems to have been altered outside of the world editor in order to increase it's size beyond the normal limit, me, as a rookie mapper who only knows how to use the regular WE, have no idea how to manipulate map bounds other than the built-in option in the world editor, every time i try to modify it, it automatically crops a portion of the part i want to use, and i have no idea how to prevent that

screenshot-jpg.374680

Level 6
Thank you for your effort, and sorry if i came off as a dick, but i'm pretty sure you didn't read my post at first, as i was very specific about the problem and made clear that the built-in tool to modify map bounds wasn't working.

i'm getting this error
error-jpg.374723

But i'm guessing it is because you used the reforged editor, and i'm using a legacy version, perphas that's also the reason why you couldn't replicate my problem. I think i'll just use another terrain, or just copy-paste the part i want to use-doodads and all- closer to the left so my we doesn't cut it.

Level 18
Well, here you go. I used JNGP - Lua Edition to edit the map, so you should be able to open the map. I took the liberty to throw in another version. Perhaps, you might prefer this one.

You mentioned that you used a legacy version. Which version exactly?

Attachments

• AosTerrain.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • AosTerrain v2.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Level 6
Thank you, i appreciate it

And i use 1.26a and 1.27b, i usually install from my ancient cd and then update manually to the desired patch, i do own reforged, but i've no plans to install it again, maybe if they allow a "lite" download for use with SD graphics i would consider it tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.