• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Can only host Blizzard Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Dear all!

I've finally managed to get a friend to playing WarCraft 3 with me, and we wanted to give the coop-campaign a shot, but Alas! I seemingly can host maps made by Blizzard only.

This is not the bug, where you open a game and others cannot join and you have to adjust your ports.
No, if the map is not by Blizzard, my friend simply can neither find it on the list of hosted maps, nor is the search for the game name effective.

The maps we've tested so far were a melee map and all blizzard td's which were released back then with tft. All other maps we've tried that were not done by blizzard failed. Has anyone encountered this problem or knows why that is?

Thank you!

Level 25
Tell your friend to click on the Filter button on the top middle next to the refresh button.
It's set to filter only Blizzerd maps, set it to all maps.

wc3scrnshot_010715_044055_01-jpg.142149

Level 3
Thanks for your reply! We havn't thought of that but it did not work out, unfortunately. However, another friend was able to find the game. Any idea why friend #1 could not find it?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Any idea why friend #1 could not find it?
Robots have flooded the list so your game failed to be listed.

The list only shows the most recent X (not sure what number X is) games that were advertised. In the old days one would manually refresh the games by closing all slots and then opening at least 1 to assure it made the list. Robots now just force advertise the lobby all the time so such refreshing does not work and the list is semi-random. Non-robot games will not appear on the list most times it is refreshed as a result.

Entering the name should always work. Unless of course even that has been flooded by robots enough to break.

This assumes you are all on the same server region. Robots advertise on all server regions at once, but manually hosted games will only advertise on the server region they were hosted on. As such all players will need to connect via that server region. This can be confusing with US servers as there is both a US West and US East server region which are completely separate. Make sure he is connected on the same battlenet server region. When joining robot games the battlenet used does not matter as they are advertising the same lobby on all server regions.

One can test if it is the same server region by either looking at the server region from the main menu before logging in, or by trying to whisper their user name after logging in. Users on the same server region will be able to whisper each other via user account name.

Level 3
Hey guys,

thanks again for your help!

@LordDz: yes, he is, and he told me his filter preferences which were all ok.

@Dr Super Good: Yes, you are right, there ARE countless bots, that might be the issue. But I'll double-check and make sure that he really chooses the same region as me.

For now, we worked around Battle.net and use a LAN software to emulate a home network, but this problem still annoys me. I'll keep you posted!

Level 3
Okay, we tried yesterday another time... and it just worked. I don't know why for we didn't change anything, so I think there might really be an issue with too many bots hosting. Thanks for your advise anyway! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.