• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can I Upload this map – Just Asking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I Upload my map – Just Asking :)

Okay , i dont know where to post this... So ....

Hey guys , i have a question in uploading map... Am i allowed to upload my map in hiveworkshop maps section. My map contains WoW Rips and i think its not allowed to be posted in resource section.

I need your answer guys :)

Last edited:
How about maps like this ? (Im thinking if this map will be accepted or will get rejected here) Dont worry , none of them are ripped.I will give credits to the resource owners and i will post the source of those models to prove you that those models arent ripped.

attachment.php

128639d1376924011-been-trying-create-new-masterpiece-1.png
128642d1376924011-been-trying-create-new-masterpiece-4.png

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I mean , do you allow me to upload my map. My map has a suspicious models you might think that it is ripped but seriously they are not ripped from other games.

Now , im asking if im allowed to upload my map?

Terrains are fine.
Heh , im not talking about the terrain , im asking permission in uploading my map :/

Sorry if you guys misapprehend my question

Level 35
I mean , do you allow me to upload my map. My map has a suspicious models you might think that it is ripped but seriously they are not ripped from other games.
Now , im asking if im allowed to upload my map?
Heh , im not talking about the terrain , im asking permission in uploading my map :/
Sorry if you guys misapprehend my question

To further answer the question:

If you upload a map primarily based on another's work, you would require his/her permission, same if you wanted to upload a map made entirely by someone else, but you felt needed to be on Hive. As your talking about models, and not the map itself you will only need to give credit to those who created said models.

In some rare instances model creators don't even demand credit, but placing it in the map is a good idea none the less as it reduces the risk of problems due to missing credits.

The reason for giving credit is to avoid insinuating that you created the models or whatever creation you use, not made by you.
Hence avoiding plagiarism. So even if you ripped models from another game, just give credit to that game and there is no problem. Although Hive does not take any responsibility should whatever game company created the model be offended by the use, though that is highly unlikely to ever occur.

Having a lot of models in a map is not a problem - though pending on the models they can cause lag on some computers if there is an abundance of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.