• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What file types are allowed in "Maps" section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
What file types are allowed in "Maps" section? Can I upload .zip file that contains folder with all campaign files and map files?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Maps only allows .w3x (frozen throne map files; .w3m is for reign of chaos but makes maps for that version anymore?) and .w3n (campaign files).
The system will automatically generate a .zip/archive from your multiple map files which you upload in the same map thread.

Now, maps have to be related somehow otherwise uploading them in the same map thread isn't adequate.
More than one campaign file should not be uploaded in the same map thread because .w3n files usually include more than 1 map which are supposed to be related.

Examples of map threads on the site:

Level 3
Ok thanks for information. I have downloaded some campaigns and I cant open maps by campaign editor. Has mapmaker denied that or is this some technical restriction?

For example Resurrection of the Scourge is only one .w3n file but I cant open 7th mission for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.