• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Unless new natives were added that allow one to change the stocks of any item seller, one might only be limited to changing item stocks on marketplaces with the appropriate actions/natives.

Marketplaces have different mechanics from normal item shops because they are designed to change out random items periodically.

Level 20
^Ah, I've misunderstood your question previously. I thought selling/giving an item to a shop and creating or removing the items from the inventory slot of the unit. As super good mentioned earlier, I don't think you can manipulate or change the item stocks that can be sold by the shops or item sellers through Trigger Editor as they were only initiated at the Object Editor only, in my opinion. But there is a possible way of doing what you wanted to... You can replace the unit seller by the another unit seller that is having different item stocks through Object Editor and by triggering the replacement. The method is untested and I'm not sure if it works but you should try.

Level 12
^Ah, I've misunderstood your question previously. I thought selling/giving an item to a shop and creating or removing the items from the inventory slot of the unit. As super good mentioned earlier, I don't think you can manipulate or change the item stocks that can be sold by the shops or item sellers through Trigger Editor as they were only initiated at the Object Editor only, in my opinion. But there is a possible way of doing what you wanted to... You can replace the unit seller by the another unit seller that is having different item stocks through Object Editor and by triggering the replacement. The method is untested and I'm not sure if it works but you should try.

ah okay, that was my first thought. Thanks.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Marketplaces aren't entirely random in the sense that they only generate dropped items (and dropped by neutral hostile units, I assume).

Also, last I checked, the natives to control marketplaces' stocks weren't working. Give it a try anyway; I could have made a mistake or Blizzard may have fixed it in the meantime.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Also, last I checked, the natives to control marketplaces' stocks weren't working. Give it a try anyway; I could have made a mistake or Blizzard may have fixed it in the meantime.
They used to work long ago, some people used them for alternative solutions to problems that required one to swap buildings or have multiple buildings. Any particular patch they stopped working at?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Correct. I have confirmed they do work. The natives demand those shops to have the Sell Items ability, however. I believe I may have accidentally removed it, which is why it wasn't working.

The behavior also differs depending on (1) the owner of the marketplace and (2) the widget type being sold.
  • If the marketplace sells a unit, the unit is permanently for sale (though with the replenishment cooldown that's set in object editor)
  • If the marketplace sells an item,
    • The item is permanently for sale if the marketplace is owned by a player1 (with replenishment cooldown)
    • The item vanishes from the marketplace when bought if the marketplace's owned by neutral passive.

1 — I have not checked whether the player needs to have specific characteristics, such as being human.

Status
Not open for further replies.