• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can anyone some Ideas for my map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm out of idea for my map(It's really hard to work alone:cry:). I'm here to ask some of you to share your ideas. Your ideas and help are highly appreciated.

The map i'm making is an RPG game. The main objective of the game is to be the first team to gain control of the 4 Obelisks. At the start of the game, each player will choose a class among the 10 classes available(Still changeablae). Each of these classes can advance to another job. Each class have their own set of equipments. There are no creep waves so the only place that they can train is the wilderness.

If you still need some information just ask. ^^

Level 4
I've killed plenty of maps trying to ram too many features into it.

Features, in themselves aren't bad, but when you are running around and need to do 10 things at the same time, it's not gonna work. Usually the simplest answer is the best.

Level 6
What's your current hero classes ideas?

What you may find is that you're trying to plan more for the map than you really want to do. I've killed plenty of maps trying to ram too many features into it.

Soldier--->Knight
Guardian--->Crusader
Spearman--->Lancer
Disciple--->Monk
Tamer--->BeastMaster
Engineer--->Mechanist
Rifleman--->Sharpshooter
Herbalist--->Alchemist
Hunter--->Assassin
Thief--->Bandit
Archer--->Marksman
Acolyte--->Cleric
Cultist--->Warlock
Puppeteer--->Necromancer
Spellcaster--->Fire Mage/Water Mage/Earth Mage/Lightning Mage/Wind Mage/Ice Mage/Woodmage

You'll notice that they are more than 10 lolz. I'm still thinking on which jobs to change, and removed. I'm also accepting some class skill ideas from other people. ^^

Level 4
You know that people using lances used to be Knights, so spearman ascending into lancer is kind of odd, nevertheless, spearmen used to be foot troops that fought in ranks, whereas lancers used to be mounted warriors.

I also find it rather odd that yhou have Puppeteer--->Necromancer, what does exactly puppeteer do, in my opinion that's not very related to creating undead, though the name is rather general so it might resemble that too.

Woodmage is lame, just rename it to Druid already. I mean.. "I'm a mage.. That summons a mighty wooden club to knock you out!.." WTF..

Level 5
Soldier--->Knight
Guardian--->Crusader
Spearman--->Lancer
Disciple--->Monk
Tamer--->BeastMaster
Engineer--->Mechanist
Rifleman--->Sharpshooter
Herbalist--->Alchemist
Hunter--->Assassin
Thief--->Bandit
Archer--->Marksman
Acolyte--->Cleric
Cultist--->Warlock
Puppeteer--->Necromancer
Spellcaster--->Fire Mage/Water Mage/Earth Mage/Lightning Mage/Wind Mage/Ice Mage/Woodmage

You'll notice that they are more than 10 lolz. I'm still thinking on which jobs to change, and removed. I'm also accepting some class skill ideas from other people. ^^

Soldiers should have combat skills like shield bash (Stuns for a moderate duration, deals less damage) which don't take up mana, but have a longer cooldown. Best would to make these skills dependent on the current stats of the Hero (Like 2*Strength in damage). The same would apply on combat-based Heroes, just for diferent Skills...
For Mages like for the necromancer, there should be a mana-refill skill or some skeleton merging skill, which would take up minor mana, but therefore have a less cooldown.
I'd say that all these 'Class Skills' should be default skills, meaning you mustnt learn them...

Level 2
its an ok idea for an rpg but it just seems tooooooooooooooo.....etc... plain thats why i think the heroes should be based around the lore very tightly because lroe makes rpgs more fun like the black road is based on greek mythology gods myths etc and my rpg is based on the lich king freezing the world so yeah the characters are either anti or have been turned into what they hate but seriously dont let this turn you down keep going with your idea if you need help il be here or on W3 (us west) same name as i am now thanks and good LUCK.

=========================================================
P.S:terrain MUST match lore big time or itl blow your lore out of everywhere like you cant have ice in a rpg based on say, the fire lord burning the world into a crisp thats all i hafto say,FOR NOW :D good luck and il be back later

Level 2
also forgot to mention a blighting terain around obelisks that changes to a grassy /rocky one around your base will be good :D mwuahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhah
===========================================================
DECEITFUL TO TEH MAXORZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..........................................
===========================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.