• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign: Tales of Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3

[broke="This is a SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN"]!! NOTICE !![/broke]

[rainbow]Tale Of Heroes[/rainbow]

M

ade

B

y

: Keale
Project Members:

Keale - Project Leader, Creator, Other Positions

Blindman - Co - Developer, Coder, Ideas

Campaign Information and Features:
Information and Features

Campaign Information and Features
Information:
This is a Single-Player Campaign made by Keale and co-developed by Blindman. It tells a story of a young boy named Dan Raginthor and his journey to find his kidnapped step-father and know about his past.

Features:
- Item Equip System
- Item Drop System
- Interchangable Maps
- Puzzles
- Item Recipes

Chapters:
Campaign Chapters

The village of Stralthehome is attacked by savage gnolls while the hero is on the forest fetching some ingredients. Then he meets two other allies who aide him in rescuing the kidnapped people.

Coming Soon!

Tells the story of about the Demon Lord Necros and the Druid Califax.

Open Positions:
Positions

1. Terrainer
2. Coder
3. Spell Maker
4. Modeler
4. Icon Maker
5. Beta Testers
6. Idea Giver
Progress:
Progress

||||||||||||
7% of 100%
Campaign Status:
1. Chapter 1 started.

[rainbow]Any Feedback or Comments would be helpful![/rainbow]

Last edited:
Level 3
BB Codes? okay. do you have some awesome screenshots? and the loading screen.

Level 19
Loading screen is in the making. Screenshots, we can get from the idea factory thread.
EDIT:
For the loading screen, what font do you want?
EDIT 2:
Image attached. That is the loading screen, still to be improved. Oh, for the loading screen if your friend did it fine.

Attachments

• toh.jpg
    toh.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 116
Level 3
you are making the loading screen? i have a friend that i can comission for that.
for the font, maybe tahoma?

please check the things i wrote there on the main post, especially the story.

aanndd... i think the story will still be discussed in the idea factory thread.

the loading screen is excellent. let's just use that. i am just planning to ask my friend. so it means that he hasn't started working on the screen yet, so let's just use yours

Level 19
New Description

I have the new description here, edit the main post, maybe you might find it cooler. Just quote this post, copy all the codes after the hidden tag but make sure it doesnt reach the last hidden tag. Edit your main post and paste.

[broke="This is a SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN"]!! NOTICE !![/broke]

[rainbow]Tale Of Heroes[/rainbow]

M

ade

B

y

: Keale
Project Members:

Keale - Project Leader, Creator, Other Positions

Blindman - Co - Developer, Coder, Ideas

Campaign Information and Features:
Information and Features

Campaign Information and Features
Information:
This is a Single-Player Campaign made by Keale and co-developed by Blindman. It tells a story of a young boy named Dan Raginthor and his journey to find his kidnapped step-father and know about his past.

Features:
- Item Equip System
- Item Drop System
- Interchangable Maps
- Puzzles
- Item Recipes

Chapters:
Campaign Chapters

Tells the story of about the Demon Lord Necros and the Druid Califax.

The village of Stralthehome is attacked by savage gnolls while the hero is on the forest fetching some ingredients. Then he meets two other allies who aide him in rescuing the kidnapped people.

Coming Soon!

Open Positions:
Positions

1. Terrainer
2. Coder
3. Spell Maker
4. Modeler
4. Icon Maker
5. Beta Testers
6. Idea Giver
Progress:
Progress

||||||||||||
10% of 100%
Campaign Status:
1. Prologue finished.
2. Chapter 1 started.

[rainbow]Any Feedback or Comments would be helpful![/rainbow]

:thumbs_up: Hope it helps! :thumbs_up:

Level 3
men, the description was very good. i don't know what i'm going to do without you. and i thought that the prolouge you made will become an interlude instead?

Level 3
okay. this will be Dan Raginthor right? the sword and shield from the mercenary man will be used too right?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/rpg-hero-human-leather-armor-64171/?prev=search%3Drpg%2520hero%2520leather%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

by the way, i planned ria to be somewhat like a love interest or something. but it won't be showed ingame, maybe just hints. ria is Dan's childhood friend. and i am planning to use sylvanas' model for her,

and i think the name necros isn't that suited to the bad guy of our story. umm i'm really sorry but this is what i think.
probably a name that is very fear-giving. like Necromaden, or Necromash or something

aaandd before everything else, let's discuss the stats(primary attribute, int/str/agi per level, skills) for each character.
Dan Raginthor(Job still unknown, probably mercenary?)
str type
skills:

Shun (Blademaster)
agi type
skills:
blink,
Ria Swiftshot (Hunter)
int type
skills:
summon wolf(because she's a hunter right?), ensare(for hunting),

custom skills would be better

Last edited:
Level 19
I can make custom spells, no prob. All Abilities would be in spellbooks and can be casted anytime, no need to be at a certain level but some requires high mana which you dont obtain in that level or maybe it could just be learned. I was planning 8 skills per hero. Heroes should have one element mastered, except for Dan which is selectable. Maybe we could make a seperate map which makes you select the element of dan and maybe other heroes. I have some ideas for their spells:

Agility type
1. Flare Slash - Shun slices the air and simultaneously ignites it. This makes the area burned. When a unit comes close to this, they have a buff which damages them.
2. Oil Drink - Shun drinks some oil. This makes fire based attack damages higher.
3. Fire Breath - Shun spits out a cone of fire from his belly. If a unit is hit, they are burned.
4. Ignite - Shun burns his sword. When he attacks, there is a x% chance for the enemy to get burned.
All I got for now.

Maybe it goes like this:
Dan Raginthor - Available elements are:
1. Fire
2. Water
3. Wind
4. Earth
5. Holy
6. Dark
And there are elements which are beaten by other ones. Like if your hero is a water type, they beat fire.
I was planning for it to be like this:

Element
WeaknessStrong Against[c]

Fire
WaterWind

Water
WindFire and Earth

Wind
Fire and EarthWater

Earth
WaterWind

Holy
DarkDark

Dark
HolyHoly

Level 3
nice system! although i think it will be better if it would just be 4 skills so that it would be much simpler. And Ria's element will be wind right?

Level 3
umm, the druid is just a temporary character on chapter 1. so he will not appear on other chapters, on other chapters other 'guest heroes' will help the main character but it will always be optional. umm, i think more skills will be confusing?? i don't know but its an rpg style campaign.

Level 3
this is the interlude that i finished.

Attachments

• Prologuev2.w3x
    43.7 KB · Views: 63
Level 19
Screenshots attached, not fully done, still a WIP.
Btw, are you accepting indomitable1319 as our beta tester?
@ Keale
I can send you the map, maybe put some creeps, terrain, etc.
Dont use cliff only raise/lower tool, smooth tool and plateau tool.
I also uploaded the Prologue v2 edited.

Attachments

• scrnshot01.jpg
    scrnshot01.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 74
  • scrnshot02.jpg
    scrnshot02.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 83
  • scrnshot03.jpg
    scrnshot03.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Prologuev2.w3x
    46.1 KB · Views: 97
Level 3
yes. but it is not finished yet so he may have to wait. what chapter are those screenshots?

edit: i checked the prologue, did you remove the dialogue in the fight scene? and did you finish all the memory leak hunting? i'm going to do the second scene now and finalize the first scene

Level 19
I accidentaly removed some. Just fix the Kiljaeden part. Thats the first chapter.
For the memory leaks, the main cinematic trigger hasnt been treated.
EDIT:
Attached Chapter 1. Not yet done. No triggers placed, only terrain.

Attachments

• Chapter1-Gnolls.w3x
    582.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.