• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Game Cache not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
As I mentioned in a previous post in this section, I'm trying to remake the original Warcraft 3 RoC campaigns. I'm close to uploading the first few levels of the Human Campaign thanks to LordDz who solved the issue I had with models.

The problem I'm having right now is that the game cache won't load (that is, Arthas won't have his items and abilities from mission 1 carried over to mission 2).

First of all, I have next to no knowledge of triggering, so I left the original WC3 trigger scripts intact to my knowledge- I did have a look over them, and I can understand most of what each trigger is supposed to do.
The Initialization section has a trigger to create a game cache from Campaign.wcv and I suspect that this is where the problem originates from-I suspect that the game caches are loaded not from the new missions that I created, but from the original WC3 RoC missions that are in the original .mpq files. If I am correct, how can I change the place from where a game cache is loaded? (Please bear in mind my triggering knowledge is very, very basic)

I will post the Initialization bit here regardless, maybe I was wrong in identifying the problem:
  • Map Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Set campaign to Human Campaign
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Campaigns.w3v

Last edited:
Level 11
Could someone please look over this campaign (the first two maps) and tell me what in the world is wrong with the game caches?

Arthas never loads in the second mission, it just creates a default Arthas with no items.

I changed the name of the missions and the cache itself plenty of times so that they match each other, but it never works....

Attachments

• ReformedH.w3n
    24.9 MB · Views: 244
Level 11
teozamait can you Post ALL triggers ONLY related to Game Cache? (24mb download is a li'l bit huge)

Will do, I thought of that myself, sorry.
H1 and H2 are the names of the two maps (I changed that name from Human01 and Human02).

First Map Start:
  • Map Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Set campaign to Human Campaign
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from H1.w3v
  • First Map End:
  • Next Level Prep
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Save hero data --------
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from RedoneH.w3v
      • If ((Arthas has Ledger) Equal to True) then do (Item - Remove Ledger) else do (Do nothing)
      • Game Cache - Store Arthas as Arthas of H2 in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)
      • -------- Enable next level --------
      • Game - Enable Human 02
First Map End Load Next Level:
  • Next Level Run
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Run next level --------
      • Game - Set the next level to H2.w3m
      • Game - Victory AAAP_Arthas (Show dialogs, Show scores)
Second Game Loading:
  • Load Arthas
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Load the hero data --------
      • Game Cache - Restore Arthas of H2 from (Last created game cache) for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of ArthasStart <gen>) facing 90.00
      • Set Arthas = (Last restored unit)
      • If (Arthas Not equal to No unit) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
      • -------- If the hero data wasn't found, create a default hero --------
      • Unit - Create 1 Arthas for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of ArthasStart <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
      • Set Arthas = (Last created unit)
      • Hero - Set Arthas Hero-level to 2, Hide level-up graphics
      • Hero - Learn skill for Arthas: Human Paladin - Holy Light
      • Hero - Learn skill for Arthas: Human Paladin - Devotion Aura

Last edited:
Level 17
I am not an Expert in Game Caches but I think this:
  • Game Cache - Restore Arthas of H2 from (Last created game cache) for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of ArthasStart <gen>) facing 90.00
Should be:
  • Game Cache - Restore Arthas of H3 from (Last created game cache) for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of ArthasStart <gen>) facing 90.00

Level 11
I only posted the triggers from the first(H1) and second map(H2), H3 is the third map, it wouldn't make sense to load the Hero from a future map.

The map where the problem is is H2 (if it can be fixed in H2 I should be able to fix it in everyone of them).

EDIT: I may have found the issue, the
I never created the variable "H1"- I don't even know what a variable is, and I only found out how to make one 5 minutes ago.
Will keep you posted if I solved it:)

EDIT: Nope it didn't fix it:(

Last edited:

Nox

Nox

Level 2
It looks like the problem is that you aren't loading the game cache that Arthas was saved in at the end of map 1 in map 2. So basically add this at the top of the map 2 Load Arthas trigger.

And I don't think you need the other game caches that are created at the beginning of the maps for anything so probably delete these two game caches from the beginning of maps 1 and 2.

Level 11
It looks like the problem is that you aren't loading the game cache that Arthas was saved in at the end of map 1 in map 2. So basically add this at the top of the map 2 Load Arthas trigger.

And I don't think you need the other game caches that are created at the beginning of the maps for anything so probably delete these two game caches from the beginning of maps 1 and 2.

It finally works! Thanks a lot all of you! +rep
You pointed the issue rightly, thought it wasn't RedoneH, it was ReformedH- the name of the campaign. So in order for game caches to work, they have to be named the same as the campaign is:)

Status
Not open for further replies.