• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ummmm I downloaded a cutsom campaign and it says to put it in the campaign file in my root warcraft directory. And I can't find either. So am I missing something or is my copy of wc3 (ROC) just screwed?

Level 4
Lol I feel really stupid right now but where would I put that path/thingy in?
I have already looked in my warcraft III folder and can't find it there. Plus the fact that in the readme that told me to look for campaignes it said there is a custom campaign button in the single player menu but I cant find it there.

Thanks for posting.

Oooh srry I looked around but din't find anything better than offtopic to put this in.

Level 4
Yeah I tried making it but ok here's what I did.
I went to warcraft III folder (after not finding the campaign file elsewhere) made a new folder named Campaigns put my campaign in it started wc3 and for one thing I don't know where to look for it and it wasn't where I looked.

Plus the campaign doesn't even know what to open with in the first place (I click it and it asks what to open with) and when I select wc3 out of the thingy to open it with it just opens wc3 same as normal.
What's rep? :p

Thanks for posting.

Level 10
Custw3nmenu.jpg
In TFT, this is where the custom campaigns button is. I don't think it is in ROC.

You're using a mac, right? What is the extension of the campaign file you're trying to play (the bit after the . in the file name (eg. Filename.extension))?

RoC campaigns does exits, but are very rare. Only difference is these are just seperate RoC maps (w3m) that should be put in same folder* and the maps shall NOT have their names changed.
An example of a RoC campaign I've played is a RoC version of Nature's Call - The Spider Queen.

If your campaign is just one file and in w3n-format, the you'll need TFT to play it.

The seperate map method is also effective for multiplayer campaigns, though I think it wouldn't work very well in Battle.net.

*the folder path should go like Warcraft III -> Maps -> Campaigns -> "Name of Campaign".

Status
Not open for further replies.