• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Campaign Editor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hey,

I'm trying to learn how to use the campaign editor and so far its going fairly well. But I ran into a roadblock of tutorials that made no sense to me, so I'm asking my question here.

How do I fix up the small triggers in the attached map so that I can save and load an integer properly.

What I've already done:
-Created game cache "one.w3v"
-Stored the integer "Interger_PlayerClass"
-Saved the game cache

Then when we get to map 2:
-Reloaded all game cache (how does it know which one to load?)
-Created and set "Interger_PlayerClass" to load the integer from the cache (not sure if I did this properly)
-Got confused with the rest of the triggers

ATM I think the triggers in map One are done properly, but when I enter map Two the game wants me to "Disconnect from Host" all I can think is WTF... Can anyone tell me how to fix up my triggers so I can then figure out how to do some more stuff on my own?

+rep

Attachments

• TEST.w3n
    35.2 KB · Views: 25

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I think you should load first, not reload :D

Theres no trigger under "Game Cache" that looks like it can be used to load variables other than " Reload Game Cache".

Looks like all it took to solve was a few more hours of googling and a lot of testing.
Sorry about the double post, but this can be closed now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.