• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with campaign transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Alright so I've been working on a custom campaign lately and for some reason can't get the level transition to work. I tried doing this on 2 empty maps and I successfully carried a hero from one to the other. When I try to do the same thing in the actual campaign it just doesn't work and I can't figure out why. And yes, I have read the tutorials on this topic. Here is the trigger I use to save in the first leve:

• Set Jaina = Jaina 0026 <gen>
  • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Cache.w3v
  • Set Cache = (Last created game cache)
  • Game Cache - Store Jaina as Jaina of Level2 in Cache
  • Game Cache - Save Cache
  • Game - Show custom campaign button 2
  • Game - Set the next level to Dead Men Walking.w3x
  • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
And this is what I use to load it in the second one, I also tried with a "Reload all" function before running the load trigger but that didn't work either:

• Trigger - Run Load Jaina <gen> (ignoring conditions)
"Works" shows up in this one so the trigger clearly runs:

• Game Cache - Restore Jaina of Level2 from Cache for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Jaina intro start <gen>) facing 90.00
  • Set Jaina = (Last restored unit)
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Works
  • If (Jaina Not equal to No unit) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
  • Unit - Create 1 Jaina for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Jaina intro start <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
  • Set Jaina = (Last created unit)
  • Hero - Set Jaina Hero-level to 3, Hide level-up graphics
  • Hero - Learn skill for Jaina: Frost Bolt
  • Hero - Learn skill for Jaina: Ice Explosion
Jaina doesn't spawn at all, everything goes on normally except the damn hero spawning. Also here is the trigger from 2 empty maps where the triggers worked:

• Game - Display to (All players) the text: Works
  • Set Arthas = Arthas (wielding Frostmourne) 0000 <gen>
  • Set Cache - (Last created game cache)
  • Game Cache - Store Arthas as Arthas of Hero in Cache
  • Game Cache - Save Cache
  • Game - Show custom campaign button 2
  • Game - Set the next level to Test2.w3m
  • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Skip Dialogs, Skip scores)
  • Game Cache - Restore Arthas of Hero from Cache for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing 0.00
  • Set Arthas = (Last restored unit)
  • If (Arthas Not equal to No unit) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
  • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
I do have another issue in the empty maps and that's "Disconnected" window popping up after loading Arthas, but right now I care about transfering the unit in the actual campaign much more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.