• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Camera Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello, member(s)!

I working with a heavily triggered template map, I accepted a camera and when I checked it ingame, the camera jumped upward. I read all of the triggers, but I got no clue why this is happened!

Any ideas from you?
Thank you, if you can help.

Level 39
I'm not sure I understand the problem you're experiencing. Could you show with pictures or describe it in a different way?

Did you move the scroll wheel in-game? As I recall that will reset the camera to its default setting.

Level 8
No, I never touched the mouse.
Well I can describe the problem. The problem: I was put a camera to a specific place.
I applied this camera to player 17

When I start the game, the trigger works for a millisecundum, after that ms, the camera moves upward without any sign.

Level 8
Ok, I will post it, when I returned to home.

EDITED:
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds

Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for Player Group - Player 17 (Wheat)
Camera - Apply Guards <gen> for Player 17 (Wheat) over 0.00 seconds

it is currently one trigger with two action and one event, but the camera apply trigger do not work
Other triggers are already there, when I download the wc3x. however not related to the camera problem, as I checked all of the triggers two times.
Make no mistake, I done the camera triggers 10,50 or 100 times and worked. And I know trigger functions and how to add actions/conditions/events.
I just don't know, why the camera don't work.

Last edited:
Level 39
I see no reason that trigger should do anything other than what you want. Even though you say you're sure no other trigger is doing anything with cameras, you should disable every other trigger in your map except this one and then test again. It sounds to me like another trigger does something else with cameras.

Or you could upload your map here as an attachment so we can open it in the WE ourselves and see what's going on.

Also when you test via the "Test Map" button, I believe it always loads you in as Player 1 (Red) if that slot is available for human players or you don't specify otherwise in player/force properties. Are you sure you're testing the map as Player 17 (Wheat)?

Level 39
Started looking through those triggers and, well, I have some bad news for you. The map leaks an absolutely massive number of points, unit groups, and texttags. It leaks some player groups and special effects too, but not nearly as many. Read the disclaimer I just posted on the resource page.

Now as for why the camera does what it does: the mapmaker set up a camera system that locks the player camera onto that player's hero unit at the start of the map. The lock can be disabled by typing "-unlock" and re-enabled by typing "-lock" in-game. However, you can't force a player to type a chat message so your best option is to wait to do all the camera locking bologna until after you play your opening cinematic. You will need to look through the "Inicializacion" trigger and remove the following line:

• Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to Player_character[(Player number of (Picked player))], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation)
The other problem is that there are triggers to change the camera orientation when players press the arrow keys. This will also (probably?) mess with your cinematic cameras, so you will need to set all 8 of the triggers in the "Comandos camara" folder to "Enabled: yes" but "Initially On: no". Then at the end of your intro cinematic trigger you must turn on all of the camera triggers and re-add the line you removed from "Inicializacion" like so:

• Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
  • Conditions
    • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for Player Group - Player 17 (Wheat)
    • Camera - Apply Guards <gen> for Player 17 (Wheat) over 0.00 seconds
    • -------- do other stuff here --------
    • -------- cinematic is over now, so do this: --------
    • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to Player_character[(Player number of (Picked player))], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation)
    • Trigger - Turn on Unlock Camera <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Lock Camera <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Zoom In <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Zoom Out <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Rotate CCW <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Rotate CW <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Angle more <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Angle less <gen>
It is probably not an issue for you if you actually want to use the camera system the map has set up, but there are 10 more triggers that either lock the camera target to a unit automatically or change its view distance/angle. If you find these are messing with a camera you've set up you may need to disable the lines that change camera in:
  • The 8 triggers besides "Torre Entrada" and "Torre Salida" under the "Torre de los Magos - Accesos" folder
  • "Renan 2Aceptar" and "Renan 3Landowner" under the "*Farmer Renan - Conversaciones" folder

Level 8
Well, I do not need the professions, and the planned LOAP things. I need only the town life and the town itself, the patrolling the guards. The cemetery creature risen/disappears and that trigger, when the people left the cemetery.

I put everyone in the credits, who needed to be there.

However, you can't force a player to type a chat message so your best option is to wait to do all the camera locking bologna until after you play your opening cinematic.
Just to make sure, what I do is a cinematic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.