• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera Affected by Height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Ok... It should be simple.. but I can't find it. How can I make the camera not to be affected by height? And one more thing, you know the blackness you have in WE when you back the camera too much and you haven' clicked "View Entire Map", well... I think I may have made too lowered and too raised parts http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/1lk5a7/Untitled-1.jpg... see what happens in game. I have this blackness like in the WE. If anyone knows how to fix it (I know I can raise a bit the lowered parts but if there's another way...) I'd be thankful, and of course I will give you reputation :p. Anyway, I need an answer for my first question more, thanks in advance.

Level 33
How can I make the camera not to be affected by height?
Which camera do you mean ?
Custom camera system or default Blizzard camera ?
AFAIK, default Blizzard camera is static, it does not updates whether your units enters lower/higher ground.

But if you're talking about a custom system made by user, you should ask the creator of the spell on how to configure it so that it won't be affected by height (static).

Level 28
I'm talking about the game camera. It gets higher/lower when you move it to raised/lowered parts in the terrain.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/1lk5a7/Untitled-1.jpg

See the picture I provided. When I move the camera over the _| part the camera gets down very fast and it doesn't look good. I want it not to be affected by raised and lowered parts in my terrain.

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hold CTRL and use the scroll wheel when in the editor, it will make more of the map visible. You can just set the camera height to that of the high ground when the unit enters the low ground for your in-game problem.

Level 28
Sry for late answer guys... I had some job to do... and I was offline for 5-6 days :\
I don't know why you can't see the picture, it probably dissapeared cuz it got no views... I'll fix it when I go back to my computer cuz I'm writing from another one... anyway, the picture is not that important, I mainly want to solve the problem with the camera height. Yayoi, I have too many regions that will have to be placed and fixed to always set the camera height to the one I want it to be... I probably just don't get what you're trying to say.

I added the picture to that message.

ShadowFlare... yes the Far Z helped... I did it before but I guess my value was low and... it still had blackness :p, anyway thanks and +rep... now for the more important part... camera height.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.