• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help me! Camera Height ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yea, I've used the search button. I've shifted through about 50 posts about camera height problems, but can't really find a solid answer.

I basically have a 3rd person camera going. It's functioning fine. However, I'm going to have multiple cliff levels in the game, and I know the camera won't adjust to them.

I believe, after sorting through several posts, I don't need jass (I've not the slightest clue how to use it) for cliff level, only for hills (which I can do without).

So I have all other functions working. I only need the part of the trigger that will raise and lower the camera via cliff level.

Can anyone help me out?

Level 4
Well, like I said I'm eliminating the usage of hills for for the sole reason that I don't know jass. I coulda sworn I read like 5 times that you can have the camera adjust itself when it comes to cliff height without jass however.

The map is rather big though, so I'd have to be creating several several several regions (which I will do if I can't get the trigger for this), but I'd really rather not ><

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Actually, all that is needed is one line of custom script + anti leak lines which still counts as GUI.

set udg_real = GetLocationZ(udg_location)

Something like the line above, but check it before using since I wrote it without syntax checking or checking the function exists.

Level 8
Actually, all that is needed is one line of custom script + anti leak lines which still counts as GUI.

set udg_real = GetLocationZ(udg_location)

Something like the line above, but check it before using since I wrote it without syntax checking or checking the function exists.

Okay, I'll give you that, but from now on, know that when I say GUI I am excluding custom scripts. You could use almost entirely JASS functions in GUI triggers and count it, technically, as GUI, but there is certainly a distinction...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Im the moderator of this section, thus I know what I submit is valid in this fourm.

There is an action in GUI called custom script, thus it is GUI to use a few lines to enhance your triggers.

If you posted everything in JASS brackets (jass script) or a GUI trigger containing only custom script actions, then it is invalid and breaking the rules.

Also it is not forbiden to use it as a "call" for a unusuable action in GUI like the one we are talking about. And especially do not tell the moderator of the section that he is breaking the section's rules, since I know when I am breaking this sections rules or not.

After a post like this, I think I need to make an offical section rule thread. . .

Level 8
Im the moderator of this section, thus I know what I submit is valid in this fourm.

There is an action in GUI called custom script, thus it is GUI to use a few lines to enhance your triggers.

I know perfectly well what custom script is, and I apologize if my post came off as offensive; I wasn't implying that you were beraking any rules. I was simply saying that using the built-in GUI functions (i.e those that you don't have to write out on your own), the task would have been a pain, if not impossible. Once again, I offer you my humblest apology...

Status
Not open for further replies.