• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Calling up AI players while ignoring users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am trying to call up a "computer" player, as distinct from a "user" player

Unfortunately, it seems that this distinction just....doesn't exist, and the trigger completely ignores AI players as they were users

I have tried changing the players to "computer" in the Player Properties area, and even that doesn't help.

I'll share my trigger with you here:

• Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Race Picker for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Owner of (Last created unit)) controller) Equal to User
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Run Random <gen> (ignoring conditions)
For those asking, the "Random" trigger itself works like a charm for the player, so I'm just sort of....wondering why the computer players are ignoring this trigger.

I've also tried changing the condition to call for the controller of the picked player, rather than the owner of last created unit.

I've also tried flipping the Then/Else, but that didn't work either. It almost appears as if the "controller" category doesn't actually distinguish anything, but I know I've used it before, so what the hell?

EDIT: I skipped creating the Race Picker unit entirely and just automatically created starting units, which seemed to work. Does anyone know why?

EDIT: I seem to have found the solution, and it was painfully obvious. I used the player-specific starting units action and it worked fine...

Goodness gracious me....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.