• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Call Of Duty: Medieval Warfare -- Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Call Of Duty: Medieval warfare

Okay, so with the release of COD MW2 i had the idea of creating a COD for Warcraft. But i did not want it to be EXACTLY like COD in the sense of having modern units. I didn't want to create a Modern Warfare, so rather i made it more appropriately named, "Medieval Warfare."

I have a lot of ideas for this game, and i mean A LOT so what i need from anyone interested in playing or even helping is to tell me which ideas are good, and which are not so good. Here are all of the ones i can think of right now, but I'm sure ill have more later anyway, plus any that you might give me as well:

1. Terrain-wise i couldn't really decide what to do on this so i was thinking a buch of little zones with different terrains to fight in. (see idea number 5 for this next part) They could be fighting in all of them at the same time, or each round switch to a different place.

2. obviously this is going to be a game where you get 1 unit, which will be a hero-type character, but they will need more experience then just the other, what 11 people playing? So I'm pretty sure there will be NPCs in this. Like i said im not that great at triggering but i know that you can respawn units so these NPC units should respawn as well.

3. this game should be, the way i am looking at it now, based around projectile-shooting units. so i dont think im going to include units such as "footman" or "grunt" in this game. Like i said before they will be Medieval type units so there will not be "marine" units either.

4. Units can be interracial or segregated depending on what your choice is at the beginning of the game. (ex. "Choose your race: Human, Undead, Troll, Gnoll, etc.). Otherwise you will most likely "wisp-choose" your race (see number 8 for a Continuation on this idea).

5. to avaoid a short game i was thinking there could be rounds where you play against each other, host could pick the number of rounds and the number of kills needed to win and proceed to the next round (see idea 1 for more).

6. (different idea from number 5) only have one "round" but host can choose amount of kills to win (number of kills can be higher for longer games)

7. (see 5 and 6) rather then have a set number of kills perhaps set the win to a certain level a character will reach to end the game (or proceed to the next round)

8. most likely this will be a wisp-choose hero game, so this way once you die, you can re-choose your character, however there are some problems, problems that i see anyway, that I'm not sure about that will involve triggereing for this, but when you die you could choose a different "class" such as if you are a troll, instead of being the troll berserker, you could switch to troll priest. (not sure if the experience would be carried over or how i would go about doing that so "go triggerers!" :thumbs_up:

9. have things such as "air strike" "tank" "helicopter attack" "radar" like in MW. (air strike could be bombs or explosions in a certain area, helicopter a giant gyro, tank a giant tank, and radar pings your enemies -- blank minimap implied)

This is a brainstorming part right now, but this is not a question of IF i will create this game, it is a question of WHEN. that also depends on you. I will certainly need help in triggers as i am not so much skilled with them, but also i haven't the patience for it. i will be able to do terraining, but that doesnt mean i wont want any terrainers. I am hard pressed for time right now so i will need people who can devote time to this for me. I will have time to work on this over my xmas break if anyone will answer me and we can get working before then. Some other places where i could use help could be: models (i could always use some custom ones but they should be medieval style) or skins, not sure if when a triggerer comes along he'd be able to do spells or not, but if he doesn't i could use a spell maker as well, also if anyone could make a really sick loading screen picture for me i would be very appreciative. Anything else PM me.

:grin: Thank You All!! :grin:

ANYONE WHO WORKS ON THIS WITH ME WILL RECEIVE CREDIT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.