• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

C++ Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
What is a good and freeware program for C++ ?
I tryed Dev-C++ and created a tutorial but i have some problems the code is // my first program in C++

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
cout << "Hello World!";
return 0;
}

and when i start the console aplication it shows up and as soon close...
I use the newest Beta version 4.9.9.2

Level 9
That's because you haven't paused the program(so it is executed in parts of the second). It's normal. I use Quincy99. It automatically pauses the program so you can see the message. In order to see the window a bit longer you should somehow pause the program. There was some function system(pause) or something but I'm not sure of the exact syntax.

Level 27
Run it in an already open console and the message will still be there.
Start > Run > "cmd" > "cd <path/to/app>" > "app.exe"

Alternatively you can make an MS-DOS shortcut to your program and there should be an option "Close window when finished". Check or uncheck it, as the case may be.

Level 7
I downloaded Visual C++ from Microsoft some people say its verry good and i started im by the start its getting harder and harder now i can make only :
Price : (Type a number here for sample 10)
Quantity : (Type a number here for sample 5)
Total : 50
Press any key to exit (I give that here because when you run it not in visual c++ it will exit automaticly when there is nothing where you type something or so so i give that here and then it exits)

But its fun :D I like DOS games i know with C++ can be created super games and so but can be in C++ created DOS games ? Games that are looking so i think its a easy start to make a pacman later...

Level 7
Its possible that the C++ program edited windows or so ? I open a image allow pop up and then its open the image and dont pause and exit the image window. why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.