• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Buying Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
dude I'm not exactly sure about this but I think all your threads belong in the world editor help zone.... you wan't help with triggers, you aren't really requesting anything. You'll probably have better luck posting in that section

Level 8
The way I would do it would be to make items which appear with the same tooltips as the abilities, then give them to a store. When purchased, give the ability to the hero if they haven't learnt it already, if they have then upgrade it. I think the trigger would be something like this:

Event--
Any Unit Aquires an Item
Condition--
Purchasing Unit equal to [Players Hero] (You would make an OR statement for multiple variables for heroes, or ignore this if you want any unit to be able to purchase it)
Action--
IF Item-Type of [Item Being Manipulated] equal to [Item Name]
THEN Remove [Item Being Manipulated]
--- IF Level of [Ability Name] Equal to [0]
---THEN Add Ability [Ability Name] to [Unit Manipulating Item]
---ELSE Increase level of [Ability Name] for [Unit Manipulating Item]
ELSE
Do Nothing

Repeat that for each ability then end with
Remove [Item Being Manipulated]

I think that's at least close.
And I believe MurderMode is right, this should have been posted in the Triggering section.

Status
Not open for further replies.