• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] buying abilities and spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello once again, i have been trying to fix most of the problems here for days but i had no luck so if anyone can help that would be appreciated:

1-
  • Add abilities
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Sit's Plague (Warlock) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Summon Hell Hound (Warlock) to (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Change ownership of Warlock 0006 <gen> to Neutral Passive and Change color
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You have been given...
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Paladin1 0015 <gen> in slot 1)
I made that trigger so that the hero will go to a certain doodad (named warlock 0006 here) buy and item (called warlock abilities) that item will give him the spells required to be a warlock and as you can see that trigger works with any item picked (single RPG so no worries about units getting items) i need to add condition to specify the item but i can't find that.

2-
  • Faith
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Faith
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Ownership-changed unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
          • Unit - Add a 120.00 second Animate Dead expiration timer to (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to Neutral Hostile and Change color
This spell basically will change the allegiance of a unit to the caster to own for 2 mins and then it should return it back to it's former allegiance (the transition of ownership is easy) the problem here is that if i cast this spell i acquire a certain unit but then if i still have a unit and cast that spell again i acquire another unit, is there a way to make it undo that like if i have a unit the spell don't work?

Also is there a way to make the hero unable to summon any units while having one already ?

thank you very much

Level 14
....as you can see that trigger works with any item picked (single RPG so no worries about units getting items) i need to add condition to specify the item but i can't find that.
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to YourItemType
Go to "Item-Type Comparison" under "Conditions" and you'll find it...hopefully

For your summoning question, you could use this...
  • Summon Only One
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • SummonedUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to No unit
        • Then - Actions
          • Set SummonedUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Summoned unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Kill SummonedUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
          • Set SummonedUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Summoned unit)
  • Kill Summoned
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to SummonedUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
    • Actions
      • Set SummonedUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = No unit
This trigger lets only 1 summoned unit at a time for a player though...

Level 6
make it more simple: crate an item that auto aplies to the unit(like runes of healt mana replenishment etc.) tahan trigger:
  • Events:
  • a unit aquaiers an item
  • Conditions:
  • Hero has the item of type (your item that auto apiles to unit) equal to true
  • Actions:
  • add ability ....
  • add ability....
  • do here, what you whant to do
sry im to lame to open WE... so the trigger isnt totaly right(mby)

Level 4
Works enough with me :) thank you very much, helped alot, just need to know something though, how can someone make units un social (specific units) not all units?

Level 4
Well i did this summon unit trigger it isn't much but (i had to do it for each level because each two levels summon a different entity) it doesn't work after the summoned unit dies, the variable doesn't change back to 0 dunno why and i can't summon any other units (var = 0 summonable, var = 1 non summonable)
  • Summon creature death var
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to (Summoned unit)
    • Actions
      • Set Level_Summon_Unit = 0
  • Summon Hell Creature
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Summon Hell Creature (Warlock)
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Summon Hell Creature (Warlock) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
          • Summon_Unit Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Fel Beast for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
          • Set Summon_Unit = 1
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Summon Hell Creature (Warlock) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
              • Summon_Unit Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Fel Beast for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
              • Set Summon_Unit = 1
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Summon Hell Creature (Warlock) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                  • Summon_Unit Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Create 1 Fel Stalker for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
                  • Set Summon_Unit = 1
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Summon Hell Creature (Warlock) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
                      • Summon_Unit Equal to 0
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Create 1 Fel Stalker for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
                      • Set Summon_Unit = 1
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of Summon Hell Creature (Warlock) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
                          • Summon_Unit Equal to 0
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Create 1 Fel Ravager for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
                          • Set Summon_Unit = 1
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Level of Summon Hell Creature (Warlock) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 6
                              • Summon_Unit Equal to 0
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Unit - Create 1 Fel Ravager for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
                              • Set Summon_Unit = 1
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                  • (Level of Summon Hell Creature (Warlock) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 7
                                  • Summon_Unit Equal to 0
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Set Summon_Unit = 1
                                • Else - Actions
                                  • Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: |c00FFFF00Hint|r --...
                                  • Do nothing
can anyone tell me what i did wrong please ?

Level 7
dont use the level of units. use a custom value. using lvl of units is unneccary and dont think you could have a lvl 0 unit. and just a silly question. why dont use just use the ability. summon wolf? and take off the duration. seems like you are just trying to use code for a spell that is already made for you.

Level 4
ohhhhhhhh, i didn't realize that there existed an option in object editor that allow you summon multiple units depending on levels lol, thank you guys very much ... :D

Level 3
2-
  • Faith
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
          • Unit - Add a 120.00 second Animate Dead expiration timer to (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to Neutral Hostile and Change color
This spell basically will change the allegiance of a unit to the caster to own for 2 mins and then it should return it back to it's former allegiance (the transition of ownership is easy) the problem here is that if i cast this spell i acquire a certain unit but then if i still have a unit and cast that spell again i acquire another unit, is there a way to make it undo that like if i have a unit the spell don't work?
This would Change ownership of the unit to Red, apply timed life and return ownership. That would just make the target a creep regardless of allegiance and kill it in 1 minutes.
Try this:
  • Faith
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Add a 120.10 second Animate Dead expiration timer to (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Wait 120.00 game-time seconds
          • Unit - Pause the expiration timer for (Target unit of ability being cast)
Can't change the Neutral Hostile bit without taking away the MUI.

Level 4
w000ty thanks alot :D that was what i am missing *dances* i encountered later another problems thought, that the cooldown i made for the spell doesn't work anymore after i made that code like you told me..

Anyway i can add a trigger to enforce a cooldown or make a spell disabled ?

Status
Not open for further replies.