1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Buyable Abilities for Heroes

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Impereal Gardian, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Impereal Gardian

Impereal Gardian

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've looked around for a little bit, and cannot seem to find the perfect form of the trigger I am having a problem with.

What I would like to understand is that when a Hero buys an item, he is given an ability that he can upgrade with skill points when he levels up.

What I have here works to an extent, but there is no upgrade for a spell that I buy? I learn Bash when i get the item, and I cannot level it up further.
    EDIT: The item is instantly lost, its a power-up. There are multiple abilities that can be bought too in its place.

• Untitled Trigger 002
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Learn Bash
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Add Bash to (Hero manipulating item)
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing

2. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is the Bash set to be a Hero ability?

Also, don't use the "Do Nothing". It's a wasted action. Just leave it blank.

3. Impereal Gardian

Impereal Gardian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes its a hero ability

4. Strikest

Strikest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is a good tutorial on buying abilities here. It's the easiest way to do it, but it involves a lot of object editor tinkering. I would suggest you just do a triggered hero ability leveling system using normal abilities, it would be much quicker.

5. Impereal Gardian

Impereal Gardian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ill look into the triggered hero ability leveling system, that object editor way is really long.