1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Butcher Troll (V2).blp

Submitted by shiiK
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
UPDATE:
I've exaggerated everything, meaning I've increased contrast, done some tweaking and added more blood. I initially intended for the update to be planned behind the scenes with Kimberly, but I see now that I might not have time to update it for a while, so I'll put the latest version up for download and additional feedback while I'm gone and then I'll most likely throw in another update when I get back/time. (If you're reading this, Kimberly, then I just want you to know that you can take your time, 'cause I am in no hurry at all.)

-----------

I promised some people to polish my old skins (mainly the trolls) and re-upload them. Well, while I was working on one of my Chaos Trolls an idea was thrown into the air pretty much incidentally, by WherewolfTherewolf, that the WIP looked like a butcher, that the troll was covered in blood. That's when the idea arose to make a butcher out of a troll. This is the result of that. I've tried to follow the skin-tone of a Forest Troll for the basis. Everything else is a mixture of the butcher-stereotype (white tunic and overloads of blood) and what I had already designed for my Chaos Troll. I aimed for something vicious looking, but with a touch of irony (heh, if you haven't noticed, this guy actually has teeth, not just tusks, which makes it look like he's grinning.

This can replace any of the basic trolls, not just the Dark Troll, here are the paths:
Unit\Creeps\DarkTroll\DarkTroll.blp
Unit\Creeps\DarkTrollTrapper\DarkTrollTrapper.blp
Unit\Creeps\ForestTroll\ForestTroll.blp
Unit\Creeps\ForestTrollTrapper\ForestTrollTrapper.blp
Unit\Creeps\IceTroll\IceTroll.blp

It does also, admittedly, work for the Shadow Priests, but the wrapping is glitchy, expecially when it comes to the staff.

Please credit me, either as JK Hillestad, Dragonskull or shiiK, if you use this skin.
Special thanks to WherewolfTherewolf.

Keywords:
butcher, forest, troll, vicious, malevolent, menacing, slayer, trapper, blood, gore
Contents

Butcher Troll (Texture)

Reviews
13:52, 23rd Jul 2010 Kimberly: Hio Shiik, okay..afew issues with this skin/texture but it has potential from seeing your other works: *The shading is very bland/dull... you really need to make it pop out, it looks half finished as there are ZERO...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13:52, 23rd Jul 2010
    Kimberly: Hio Shiik, okay..afew issues with this skin/texture but it has potential from seeing your other works:

*The shading is very bland/dull... you really need to make it pop out, it looks half finished as there are ZERO highlights/gloss on the trolls skin :/ He kinda looks like he is made of non-shiney mud than sweaty troll skin, try exaggerating the muscles, maybe add some veins or such.
    *The white clothe looks very out of place with the texture, it feels as if it wasnt finished or that the geoset of said area on the model has no actual texture assigned, I suggest shading it and adding texture to it like it has been worn down. I also think white is a totally out of place/colour with the rest of the texture, if you want something white, then I suggest "creamish pale yellow" than clear and straight out white o__0..
    *The chains and metal are out of place, they are dull and have no universal shading with the rest of the texture, its like they are of their own lightsource and have no shadows going onto the troll. They are also shaded in a manner of where its flat and too sharp, too much highlights and shadow with little midtone.
    *The blood is ...well, very messy.. it does not look like blood :/ Blood is a very dark red and having "sharp and striking qualities", the blood you have is too soft and seems of melted modeling clay. I suggest you add reflective values to the blood like abit of gloss/shine as it is a liquid.

2. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice idea man. good work.

3. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    definately, the coolest troll i've seen. can you make a preview on his portrait? coz sadly i don't have warcraft in my pc T_T

4. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Portrait preview added. Thanks guys!

5. cash42

cash42

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I fell inlove with this skin +rep !!!!!

6. ZIR

ZIR

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Looks very nice and it is very detailed.

7. CeDiL

CeDiL

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's nice. I could find a use for this, as a berserker upgrade of trolls or kind of.
    +rep

8. Warimathas

Warimathas

Resources:
    Resources:
    that's one epic butcher! :D i could find some kind of use for this, good job. +rep

9. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    You took my advice <3
    Good job.

10. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i think his shirt could use more shading, (the white cloth)

11. Zanekok

Zanekok

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is cool idea +- like church +rep

12. Monkeyladboy

Monkeyladboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it looks great, but it won't work. I made it go to the dark troll and it wouldn't show up. Other than it doesn't work for me, it's great :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.