• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Burrow Detection (Fliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
This ability can be found under the Special abilities in the World Editor. Does anyone have any idea what it does, if anything?
I've tried giving it to a flying unit to detect burrowed units, and giving it to a burrowing unit to detect invisible units, but it seems it doesn't do that.
Who knows, maybe it even has something to do with the Orc Burrow.

Level 13
I don't remember 100% but I recall when it was discussed in the past, people came to the conclusion that it was supposed to be used to see burrowed units and that there was a difference between invisible and burrowed but it was seemingly scrapped and everything was visible with true sight and this ability doesn't work/do anything.

Level 20
Blizzard didn't put a description from some hardcoded abilities for what it actually does :/ but some of them are pretty self-explanatory btw. pOke is right, if this is just literally a burrowed units detector then that true sight field options is related to this ability. Let's say you've modified the True Sight ability to detect burrowed units then this Burrow Detection is used in the internal script code like a dummy ability.
But still I'm not sure about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.