• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whats this all about?! (burrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
What is with burrowed units? They can be seen with any form of invisiblity detection, but NOT any from of burrow detection! So i snoop around more in the object editor, and i find out a few things:

- Perminent invisiblity has no "class" datafield (like detection abilitys do.) (by class i mean "none/burrowed/invisible/both")
- No other from of invisiblity spell has a "class" datafied
- ALL detection spells DO have a "class" datafield!
- There is an ability "Burrow Detection (Fliers" (CnP out of default WE, the last bracket IS missing...) that doas NOTHING.

is the burrowed detection system another half-implimented feature, or am i missing something?

is there any 2nd form of invisibilty that IS implimented?!

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I am not 100% sure of what you mean but I noticed that it's not possible to make a unit invisible to some units and another to other units.
for example if we made a Alien vs Predator game.
In the game and in the movies, predator has several visions:
- terrain vision
- human vision
- predator vision
- alien vision
so we would like to make aliens invisible for terrain, human and predator vision. but thats impossible..

sry if that didn't help anything..

Did you check in the buffs??

Level 11
Im trying to make units with a "burrow" type invisiblity. Of course, burrowed units are not actually "burrowed" (in the sense of invisiblity types.) they are simply invisible, in the same way that a shadowmelded archer is invisible.

Now, there is SUPOSED to be a "burrow" invisibility type, but there is not... :-/

now what im trying to do, is have 2 seperate "worlds" on the same terrain. Think of it like haveing 2 sets of units, and only units in the same set can see eachother. (this can be accomplished by CnP terrain and a bunch of triggers... but thats what im trying to avoid :-/)

Level 12
You will have to work with a LOT of triggers and a very big file size as well as a lot of head aches. Dan one time got me to start to make one for him, it is a lot of work and in the end not really worth it. If you have absolutely nothing better to do then go for it, otherwise you are just wasting your time and your effort could be used in a far more constructive manner.

Level 11
it SHOULD be easy:

there is "suposed" to be 2 invisiblity types: burrow, and invisibility. (the burrows type was never fully implimented...)

if i could simply give units custom abilitys of detection and invisibility based of what world they are in, then it would be cake. but.... burrowed invisibility was never implimented :-/

thanks for all the help tho :)

Level 6
Actually I think you can hide the unit for one player and have it shown for the others by triggers if I remember right.
Though depending on the trigger the game might crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.