• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Burrowing Unit Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need help.

I recently downloaded an awesome Goblin Drillbot 3000 model, which looks very cool and has alternate animations for burrowed form, and to burrow and unburrow. I set up an ability to let it burrow, I created an alternate form unit with "alternate" in all of the Art Animation fields, and the unit will burrow and unburrow, except for one little detail...

When you tell it to burrow, it appears to drill into the ground, but then it pops right back up to stand aboveground, even though it has no movement and the button for the burrow ability says "unburrow". If you press the unburrow button, it vanishes into the ground and drills to the surface again.

How do I get it to stay burrowed while it's burrowed, instead of popping back up to the surface?

Level 2
Yes, I definitely put the "alternate" tag in the Art - Required Animation field, and in the Art - Required Animation - Attachments, Art Attachment Link Names, and Art - Required Bone Names fields, in all possible combinations.

I really don't understand why this doesn't work. I'm not sure how to link the Drillbot model into one of these posts, or I would do it so people can try it. It's a very good model. If you search for Drillbot 3000 in the models section, it comes up.

Level 2
I just tried that. It was actually set as nothing, but that didn't help either. It plays the right animation to burrow into the ground, and to rise out of it when you press unburrow. It just doesn't stay in the "burrowed crater" form while it's underground. It's above-ground standing while it's underground. And the Stand Alternate tag doesn't seem to help. Very confusing. :eekani:

Level 2
Ok. I have to be making a noob mistake somewhere. I did exactly what you did, and I'm still having the same problem. I just reset all the things to default, changed the models on both, changed the burrow ability to have the proper models, put the alternate tag in the Required Animation Names field, and it still won't stay burrowed. It goes down, then pops to the surface still.

Level 2
Tell me how to do the thing where I give you props on here, because I appreciate your help. I WAS making a totally noob mistake. I did your fix after copying the Crypt Fiend and Burrowed Crypt Fiend and it worked fine. I think the problem was that I was using a different model. I set up the ability right, but not using the Crypt Fiend as the base seems to have been the problem. It's fixed now. Thanks so much!

The little
reputation.gif
button under my name in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.