• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Building Harvesting Lumber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
As the title reveals. I am trying to get a building to harvest lumber.

Trouble maker fact, if a single unit (or building) is BOTH a harvester, and a "drop zone" (as my building is) then it wont acknowledge itself as a "drop zone" until it began moving towards another "drop zone" (usually just a minor turn and that's not an issue)

So, given that fact, a unit incapable of moving (aka building) won't auto-harvest within it's range, and must be commanded manually to both harvest and return the lumber.

Making a dummy "drop zone" stand at the same place did not work. so how do I get it to DO work?

Level 33
Yeah, trees are also acting like a normal unit (has HP, and can die due to damage of spells (Flame Strike) or being hit by heavy projectiles (Demolisher) and such)

Once you create the building, run a 1.1 seconds interval of damaging the trees (standard setting for Peasant's interval for Harvesting a tree)

Each 5.5 seconds (5 times damages a tree), you can add +5 lumber to the respective player

I can provide you a test map but I need a better understanding of the situation that you want

Maybe I mislead, perhaps ?

Level 9
Well, I can't be online 24/7 can I?

Anyway what you suggest sounds like it can do the trick, but how to trigger it properly to harm a single tree, and if no tree in around not to add lumber?

The wanted income rate is 1 every second, harvesting a single tree at a time clean and simple. (abit fast, but it IS immobile so you gotta keep building these at new lumber concentrations...)

Level 9
That was...incredible quick...
Destructible groups huh? didn't think of that one...

mind being a bit more specific though on how to put that into work? I think this will need multiple layers of groups because you can build multiple of these...won't it?

Level 17
well because you set tree equal to a unit, so the conidition has to state, there must be a unit Not equal to No unit. so your income trigger
  • Events
    • Time - every 1.0 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
    • (Tree) is not equal to No tree
  • Actions
    • Player - Add 10 (Lumber) to player
(BTW i say unit but i mean the tree i just hate type destructible)

Level 9
Yea...I might be just dumb or something, but can you go a bit more basic there? what exactly do I need to configure there to make it work properly? because I seriously get confused from all them loops, or I got the whole idea wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.