• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Building a Library of Images for Everyone

Level 14
Hi everyone,

I've added about 100 new texture images. You'll find them on the following pages:

TXR - BRICK - (some new seamless "fantasy" bricks)

TXR - GROUND - (stones that could be used for riverbeds, railroad beds, etc.)

TXR - METAL - (both standard and seamless)

TXR - ROCK/STONE - (lots of cool rock textures, both standard and seamless...realistic as well as fantasy creations)

TXR - VEGETATION - (some cool ground cover that has a surreal look)

Enjoy!
Soundimage.org

Level 14
Hi everyone,

I just began a new page of cool Sci-Fi texture images. Give it a look:

TXR - Sci-Fi | Soundimage.org

I'll be adding many more images, including skins for creatures, aliens, etc.

Any requests?

Btw, I've also had folks ask about how to credit me for my images. Please simply list me and my website under "Textures" in your credits section...there's no need to identify which images are mine...unless you really want to. :)

Anyhow, I think this is going to evolve into a really cool page. Hope it's helpful!

Eric

Level 14
These are fine :D Thank you for sharing them. Textures are always useful.

You're very welcome!

This week's new images are all seamless so they can be tiled.

The first group might be useful in sci-fi games. Feel free to scale them, mix with procedural textures or other images as needed.
TXR - Sci-Fi | Soundimage.org

The second bunch are stone textures and could be useful for walls or other structures.
TXR - Rock/Stone | Soundimage.org

Please note: On all of my texture pages, the seamless images are grouped below the standard ones so make sure to scroll down...(WAY down on the rock/stone page.)

Anyhow, I hope some of them are helpful. Have a great week!

Level 14
These will do nicely for any terrainer around. Stiky-ed!

Thank you...I hope some of my images are useful!

Speaking of which...

I've uploaded a bunch of new ones, both seamless and standard, on the following pages:

TXR - Brick
TXR - Brick | Soundimage.org

TXR - Metal
Texture Metal | Soundimage.org

TXR - Wood
Texture Wood | Soundimage.org

If anyone happens to need a couple of distressed wooden door images, they are on my TXR - WOOD page as well. I think they look really cool. As always, feel free to edit as needed.

Btw, fur images on on their way...stay tuned! :)

Level 14
This is pretty useful for photoshoping! Most image bank are very costly, you are doing a great job :)

Thanks, I appreciate it!

I shot a bunch of new images over the weekend. You'll find them on the following pages:

TXR - Brick
TXR - Concrete/Pavement
TXR - Ground
TXR - Metal
TXR - Rock/Stone 2
TXR - Vegetation

I hope some of them are helpful! :)
Soundimage.org

Level 14
I had a very busy weekend, but I managed to get some new fantasy textures done:

First up, some seamless bumpy stone textures that look like they could be covered with moss, algae or maybe lichens. These might look cool for pathways. They are here:

TXR – GROUND
Texture Ground | Soundimage.org

Here are some cool stained glass textures that might look nice for windows of churches or other fantasy structures…maybe for RPGs. They are here:

TXR – GLASS
Texture Glass | Soundimage.org

New music tracks will be coming out later in the week.

Enjoy!

Level 14
Greetings fellow creatives,

I’ve posted new cartoon-style texture images here:

TXR – GLASS – Cartoon

Some wild textures here…

TXR - Glass - Cartoon | Soundimage.org

TXR – METAL – Cartoon

Some dirty metal textures…

TXR - Metal - Cartoon | Soundimage.org

TXR – ROCK/STONE – Cartoon

TXR - Rock/Stone - Cartoon | Soundimage.org

Please keep in mind that they are meant to be building blocks rather than polished textures, so feel free to edit / alter / mash / etc., as needed.

Btw, if you happen to have kids (or know someone who does) I’ve created a learning series that teaches them environmental stewardship in a fun way through stories and characters. It was my first try at making films with a DSLR…(they can be very challenging to work with in the field)…but I think they came out pretty well. The organization I made them for was very happy with them and uses the films all the time…hopefully others can benefit from them as well. Please feel free to share with family, friends, teachers or anyone you know who might find them useful.

Dune's Island | Soundimage.org

Enjoy!

Level 14
Hey there,

I’ve posted some more wild cartoon-style texture images derived from glass objects:

TXR – GLASS – Cartoon

As always, please remember that they are meant to be building blocks rather than polished textures, so feel free to edit / alter / mash / etc., as needed.

Don’t forget to check out my learning series that teaches environmental responsibility in a fun way through stories and characters. The premise is this:

How can we expect children to be the future stewards of the Earth if they don’t feel connected to it??

Please share with family, friends, teachers or anyone who might find it useful.

Dune's Island | Soundimage.org

Have a good week!

Level 14
I can’t believe May is almost over…what the hell happened to spring? I swear…time is going by faster and faster…yikes!

Anyhow, more new cartoon-style (for lack of a better word) texture images are here:

TXR – CONCRETE / PAVEMENT – Cartoon

TXR - Concrete / Pavement - Cartoon | Soundimage.org

TXR – GLASS – Cartoon

Some wild textures here…

TXR – GROUND – Cartoon

TXR - Ground - Cartoon | Soundimage.org

TXR – VEGETATION – Cartoon

TXR - Vegetation - Cartoon | Soundimage.org

If you find my work helpful (especially my music and sounds) please consider making a donation to my website. The synthesizers I use to create the music and sounds that I share with everyone are very expensive…so expensive, in fact, that I have to make monthly payments on them…and donations really help me a lot to pay for them. Thanks in advance…and please feel free to share your projects…I love to see how creative people are using my work!

Level 14
Hi guys,

I’m in the middle of a big project, but I managed to get some new free textures done for everyone. They are on the following pages:

TXR – BRICK - Seamless

Some new fantasy cobblestone images. Maybe useful for paths and roads in fantasy-based games?

TXR - Brick - Seamless | Soundimage.org

TXR - ABSTRACT

Some new abstract textures. Maybe for sci-fi projects?

Texture Abstract | Soundimage.org

Enjoy!

Level 14
Hi everyone,

I’ve created a bunch of new seamless fantasy textures. All free to use with attribution. You’ll find them on these pages:

TXR – Bark
TXR - Bark - Seamless | Soundimage.org

TXR – Rock/Stone – Fantasy
TXR - Rock / Stone - Fantasy | Soundimage.org

TXR – Vegetation (scroll down for the seamless images)
Texture Vegetation | Soundimage.org

Btw, if you happen to use my music tracks, I’m releasing premium Ogg versions of them on Gumroad for a small fee to help support my website. Give them a try…they sound great!

Have a good week…and keep being creative!

Level 14
Level 14
I hope everyone is safe and healthy. If you have kids (or know someone who does) here's a brand new free resource that I hope is helpful. It's a website for my video learning series, “Dune’s Island.” Within it you can freely access all the episodes, support documentaries and tie-in curriculum (like vocabulary, math problems, writing prompts and more.)

In the coming weeks I’ll be expanding the site with all kinds of cool activities and more documentaries so please be sure to bookmark it. In the meantime, any and all feedback is welcome and very much appreciated. Enjoy and stay safe.

https://www.dunesisland.org/

P.S. Please feel free to share it on social media. Thanks!

Level 14
LOL! No...sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not Mr. Binnacle. In fact, I don't appear in any of the episodes (because I'm behind the camera the whole time) but for a future episode maybe I should sneak in somewhere as an extra. We can hold a contest...whoever can identify me wins a prize. ;-)

Hmm...maybe I'll start that thread for it off-topic.

Level 14
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy…(and not going too crazy from being stuck inside.)

Anyhow, brand new free texture images ready on these pages:

TXR – Abstract

TXR – Rock/Stone – Seamless

TXR - Rock/Stone - Seamless | Soundimage.org

More media creators have been asking about my higher quality Ogg music tracks. Please know that I’m in the process of creating them and uploading them to Gumroad, but it’s taking time since there are over 2000 tracks on my site. If you want an Ogg version of a track that isn’t available yet, just email me and I’ll be happy to create it for you and put it on Gumroad.

Be well.

Level 14
Hi everyone,

Brand new seamless texture images are ready on these pages:

TXR – ABSTRACT

TXR – WOOD - SEAMLESS

TXR - Wood - Seamless | Soundimage.org

For those of you who are using my music tracks, I had a request last weekend for a bunch of higher quality Ogg versions of my tracks that I hadn’t yet converted, so they are now available if anyone is interested. They are:

Funky Gameplay

Windle Pixel Saves the Day (Looping)

Puzzling Curiosities

Points Tally

Pixelin’ It Around Town

Mysterious Puzzle

Cyber Puzzles

Cryptic Puzzler 2

Arcade Puzzler_v001

They sound great and are a cool way to support my work. :)

Level 14
Hi everyone,

Here are a bunch of cool new images…free to use with attribution. You’ll find them on these pages:

TXR – Brick - Seamless

TXR - Brick - Seamless | Soundimage.org

TXR – Ground – Seamless

TXR - Ground - Seamless | Soundimage.org

If you’ve been using my assets in your projects…especially my music…please consider making a small contribution to support my website. Donations can be made through the PayPal button on my site. Any amount is very helpful and much appreciated.

Keep being creative…and please stay safe.

Level 14
Here’s some cool news:

Free looping video clips are on the way that you’ll be able to use in games, for website backgrounds, Zoom backgrounds and all kinds of other things.

Here’s an example of how I used one as a background for my other website:

https://www.dunesisland.org/episodes

I think it really brings the page to life in a way that static images just can’t.

Anyhow, I’ll be opening those pages soon. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I have some cool new sci-fi textures for everyone. You’ll find them here:

Texture Sci-Fi | Soundimage.org

If you find my work helpful, please consider making a small donation on my website to help support my efforts.

Stay safe and keep being creative!

Level 14
Hi Folks,

I’ve got some cool new seamless sand textures here:

TXR – Ground - Seamless
TXR - Ground - Seamless | Soundimage.org

And some weird new alien skin textures here:

TXR – Alien Skins
TXR - Alien Skins | Soundimage.org

I also have a bunch of cool new music tracks coming out tomorrow.

If you find my work helpful, please consider making a small donation on my website to help support my efforts.

Have a good week and please stay safe.

Level 14
Season’s Greetings, Fellow Creatives!

New seamless texture images are ready on these pages:

TXR – Metal - Seamless
TXR - Metal - Seamless | Soundimage.org

TXR – Abstract

NEWS

Ogg Music Packs

A good number of game developers have asked me if they can download multiple music tracks all at once instead of one at a time, so I’m making Ogg music packs available that include all of the tracks for any given page once that page is full and I’m no longer adding any more tracks to it.

You’ll see a button near the top of any given page if a music pack is available.

Presently, music packs are available for the following pages:

Action 1
Chiptunes 1-3
Fantasy 1-10
Dark/Ominous
Horror / Surreal
Looping Music
Puzzle Music 1-5
Sci-Fi / Space

If you can, please consider making a small donation on my website to help support my efforts.

Have a good week and a safe holiday!

Level 14
Hello Fellow Creatives,

Brand new seamless texture images are ready on these pages:

CONCRETE (Artistic)
METAL (Artistic)
GROUND (Artistic)

You can access them from here:
Free Images | Soundimage.org

NEWS

Bulk Music Downloads are now available for these genres: Chiptunes, Fantasy, Puzzle and Sci-Fi.

I’ve received an increasing number of requests to make my music tracks available as bulk downloads (rather than downloading them one at a time) so that people can load them into their media players and listen to them while doing other things. Now you can download all of the tracks at once from these genres on my site in higher quality Ogg format: Chiptunes, Fantasy, Puzzle and Sci-Fi. It’s a cool way to support my efforts, too.

Enjoy…and keep being creative!

Level 14
Hi Everyone,

This week’s new seamless texture images are on these pages on my site:

ABSTRACT (Artistic)
BRICK (Artistic)
METAL (Artistic)

NEWS

More Music Genres with Bulk Downloads

For those of you who are using my music tracks, I’ve added even more bulk music downloads. Here are the newest genres containing them:

Action
action | Soundimage.org

Dark/Ominous
Dark / Ominous | Soundimage.org

Horror/Surreal
Horror Music | Soundimage.org

Enjoy…stay safe…and keep being creative!

Level 14
Hi Everyone,

This week’s new seamless texture images are on these pages on my site:

BARK (Artistic)
CONCRETE (Artistic)
FUR (Artistic)

NEWS

How You Can Help to Support My Efforts

If you find my free assets helpful, please consider making a small donation on my website to help support my efforts. I pay for everything myself and donations from the creative community really help a lot.

Soundimage.org

Thanks in advance…and please stay safe.

Level 14
Hey Fellow Artists,

You’ll find this week’s new seamless texture images are on these pages on my site:

GROUND (Artistic)
METAL (Artistic)
ORGANIC (Artistic)

NEWS

It’s great to see that people are starting to use my Ogg music packs…I’m glad they’re helpful!

SOUND EFFECTS PACKS?

Is anyone interested in sound effects packs? Just an idea I’m thinking about.

OGG MUSIC PACKS

I’ve also created a page where all my Ogg music packs live together. It’s here:

Ogg Music Packs | Soundimage.org

Enjoy...and please stay healthy.

Last edited:
Level 14
Greetings Artists and Creatives,

Brand new seamless texture images are waiting for you on these pages on my website:

ROCK/STONE (Artistic)

WOOD (Artistic)

VEGETATION (Artistic)

If you happen to be using my music in your projects, don’t forget about my Puzzle Music pages. You’ll find over 120 cool tracks that can be used in all kinds of things…not just puzzle games.

Enjoy…and have a great weekend!

Level 14
Hi folks,

This week’s new free seamless texture images are on these pages on my site:

BRICK (Artistic)
BARK (Artistic)
FUR (Artistic)

You can access them here:

Feel free to edit / modify / mash them as needed.

Please don’t forget about my music packs…they're a cool way to help support my efforts.

I sincerely hope my free assets are helpful…enjoy!

Level 14
nice idea man. Good luck
Thanks, I really appreciate it! :)

Happy Friday Everyone!

You’ll find brand new free seamless texture images on these pages on my website:

CONCRETE (Artistic)
GROUND (Artistic)
METAL (Artistic)

Access them here:

OTHER NEWS

In keeping with my mission to make good-sounding music available to anyone, I’ve priced my genre music packs very low…they are about the same as an average donation. It’s like donating to support my efforts and getting something really cool in return…check them out!

Level 14
Hi Folks,

I hope everyone’s having a good weekend.

Brand new free texture images are ready on these pages on my site:

BRICK (Artistic)

ROCK/STONE (Artistic)

WOOD (Artistic)

Feel free to edit them as needed, generate maps from them, or whatever you like.

OTHER NEWS

I’ve finally begun my quest to begin expanding the ambient sounds section of my website… sound effects, too. Both sections really need it and it’s taken much too long to get around to it, but life has been hectic. Anyhow, I hope some of them are helpful. More to come!

Level 14
Hey everyone,

Brand new free texture images are waiting for you on these pages on my site:

BARK (Artistic)
CONCRETE (Artistic)
GROUND (Artistic)

Please consider these to be building blocks so feel free to edit as needed, generate maps from them, etc.

CUSTOM WORK

Does anyone need some original music created? Give me a shout here:

Custom Work | Soundimage.org

If you’re curious about what others are saying about my website…

Praise for Soundimage | Soundimage.org

Enjoy and keep creating!

Level 14
If anyone happens to be using my free music tracks, don’t forget to check out my higher-quality Ogg music packs that contain all of my tracks to date for various genres. They’re super reasonable and a great way to help support my efforts.

Ogg Music Packs | Soundimage.org

That said, you’ll find new free texture images on these pages:

BRICK (Artistic)
METAL (Artistic)
ROCK/STONE (Artistic)

Enjoy and keep being creative!