• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bugs in RotD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm half way through map 2. Here's a list of the bugs that I've found so far:

General:
1) Whenever Burrow is cast, Jet Pack also activates. Intentional? If it is, please explain you logic.
2) Please pause all units during cinematics. I lost the game twice because while one unit had triggered the cinematic, another was being crushed by Creeps.
3) Spelling. This probably the greatest campaign ever released in the history of Warcraft. The only thing that keeps it from looking completely professional is that it’s infested with spelling mistakes.
4) Voices don't match units. What the voices of the units say during cinematics doesn't match the text that is displayed.

Specific:
1) Submap 1 - If you ally with the skeletons, there are 5 near the center of the map that prevent the hero from going forward. This might be the same if you play as the sea creatures.
2) Map 1 - At the beginning, the Undead can still attack you through the rocks, and since they are invulnerable, you can't fight back.
3) Map 2 - The Eastern Canyon quest doesn't have the completed icon in the Quest Menu.
4) Map 2 - If my heros die, the game doesn't end. Intentional?
5) Map 2 - If I save my game and reload, I get two Metamorphus.

If I'm wrong about any of these, please tell me.

~The_Raven

Level 1
im not sure but i think i found a bug on map3....
the teleporter dont real works. i get beamed but with none of the teleporter i get to the next stone(i have 1 and need the one in the north and the one in the west ) but to go there i need to teleport and thats not work so good i just get teleported on places where i was some time ago

another bug is on water island with the magic shells.the tooltip says u get an ent if u use them
ok that not a real bug but its a bit confusing

Level 1
The_Raven said:
[...]5) Map 2 - If I save my game and reload, I get two Metamorphus.[...]

And when you save the game again and reload it again you have 3 Metas and so on. Very nasty bug... :roll:

Level 1
Submap 1 - The Dungeon

1. I choose Naga and skiped Cinematics, beat the King of the Skeletons and was beamed to the Naga King, hit esc very quick and dont get the Ring, it simple wasnt there.

2. I klicked on the exit and what do i see? My Spieder Guy (4get name) just crwawls over the wall to the left, touched the line and was no more, simple gone, not on the map.

mtc.

Level 9
Some comments on your texts and units:
1) Toxic Spiders can't learn Abolish Magic.
2) The Spider Base texts say nothing about them being able to revive dead hereos.
3) Whats with the Toxic Broodling model? It looks like the Spider projectile art.

~The_Raven

Level 4
Hideous Bug. In map 3 I got to the dragon eggs and it said click on one for more info I clicked on the one to the left, the one covered with ice and my game crashed!
It's my fult for not saving but still, that sucks!!!
All my progress obliterated instantaneously!!!
Please reply.

Level 9
Finished map 2, half way through map 3.
1) The duration of Mental Domination doesn't matck its texts.
2) Map 2 - What didn't the Undead harvest from their gold mine?
3) If Meta is killed in dragon form, then when he is revived, he is still in dragon form but has to flying height.
4) Shouldn't the Lumber Mill have the upgrades that the Spider Base does? I know its not a bug, but still...
5) Running Bombs have the Feral Spirit buff.
6) Attack Ground doesn't seem to work on trees.

~The_Raven

Level 9
BIG Bug: The Goblin's Alchemy ability will sometimes clear not display the optional items. This not only disables a very useful ability but also destroys your inventory.

Another smaller one: Why the Moon Key be dropped if it is a required item?

~The_Raven

Level 9
75% through map 3. I'm not exactly rushing through it, am I? Here's some more bugs:
Scorpion King:
1) Envenomed Weapons has no DISPASBTN icon.
2) Spawn Scorpions texts say that it spawns 5 Beetles.
3) What's the point in the King even having abilities if it is always burrowed?

4) Map 3 - When you pick up the potion of healing in the room with the horses, near the exit of the wizard's fortress, you get the message "xxx."

~The_Raven

Level 1
It always says 'xxxx' when the scorpion king picks up an item.
I've seen quite a few bugs, but nothing too serious -upto the point where I put down my dynamite in the undead base in map 4 or so, and meta put down *all 5 dynamites* on one circle - I can't pick them up anymore either, because it thinks you clicked the circle.

Level 1
I can investigate the 'outland region' all I like; it doesn't do a thing.
Meta keeps trying to attack things in the UD base making him visible again.
The entire mission is rather easy.
Right now I'm just waiting until my guys have finally gathered 25,000 gold; that's STUPID.
There are double hotkey bindings - 'Build Spider ase' and 'Build arracs'[sic] for instance.
Meta's 'Burr[o]w' and 'Her[o] Abilities'
When at 50 food, switching meta to dragon form pops up the 'No Upkeep' message :).
The build animation of the Dragon base looks silly because it's so extremely slow.
Dragon Riders cost a little too much food compared to their effectiveness, I feel.

Level 2
Just a few I noticed....

1)Polymorphed Scorpion king immediately burrows on recovery...and no longer has the unborrow option. Also can't get thigns from him...I found this out as he burrowed with my teleport crystal on the underground map. Then when I killed him, he reincarnted without the item. Also his reincarnation doodad stays around after he comes back to life.

2)My units kept the Charge Unit ability of the bronze aspect dragon throughout the level. Their attacks went into the negaties...Meta was at like -99 strikes...but it was still doing the lightning picture and extra damage...

Level 7
I've seen probably the biggest bug in the camp.:
I donno in which map it was but i saved the game, i wasn't playing a few hours and then i loaded it again... and suddenly there where two metamorphus...
and just one of them gots the spider egg and if i wanna transform the metamorphus with the one im playing a new unit (dragon form meta) appears in the left upper corner where the other meta is placed too....
and now the best: to complete the map i have to fly to a little cave entrance but if im transforming my meta doesn't transform so i have to use the one in the corner but he doesn't have the spider eggs and i can't give them to the dragon from cause i can't put the item down....and now im in a mission in which i have to set up a spider base... but without the eggs it's impossible...... THIS SUX HARD MAN :evil: :evil:

Level 7
the whirl wing bug also occured at my comp, played 2 hours for nothing :?

in mission6, when u have to stop the troll-waves, the first wave was attacked at their start location by other trolls and creeps, so the first wave died instantly. the second and third wave had waypoint bugs, the trolls blocked themselves :?

i also found some minor bugs, but ROTD is a really good campaign though

Level 2
so, if u are in mission 6, plz say how i can enter the labyrinth in mission 5! i cant enter it! i have the map, but my units are to big to enter!

Level 7
only kazzhhaamm is able to enter the labyrinth, not metamorphus or any other unit

Level 1
Seems to be... Did you get the cinematic where it says you have to disable the 12 forcewalls so you can destroy the generator?

The labyrinth is done very sloppily, I felt. The camera is downright annoying; the archs aren't stomped into the ground properly and at most points you can walk right through the walls. Doesn't leave much of a getting-yourself-lost factor, that doesn't.

In mission 6 I can't get any further; there's some invincible trolls, a few gnolls and a human castle that lightnings you away all the time; but I don't get a quest or whatever? Anything special I have to do?

Also, if you get lightninged (or whatever) away from the castle anywhere near the east edge of the map you get stuck and can't do anything anymore.

Fireball can target self.. that's a bit silly.
Volcano only hurts enemies, not allies or self; that's stupid.

Level 2
i now have enter the fucking labyrinth, it doesnt fuction, cause my kazham must go away fm the labyrinth, and to the entance, to activate the trigger for enter the labyrint.
in map 6 you must speek with the red dragons, on the left side is a mountain, go in front of the castle and then left, there are dragons, who give yxou the quest.
so, any questions?^^

Level 2
to map 3: the first crystal(by the spider) must place not on the purple circle where the grey arrows are, you must place it on one of the purple circles right, i think on its (egal auf welchen dus tust), sorry but i cant say it in english

Level 8
allright, but what about that: sometimes Kazham can create EVERY item on alchemy lvl 1... :p

I suppose he shouldn't do that. This bug sometimes appears if i load a savegame.

Level 2
bug in mission 8

in missoin 8 where you are supposed to protect the SPIDER base and get the flag. I loaded the map right after i had entered the city. Brings morpheus down to the entrance of the sub lvl where you get the vorpal blade. saves the game and enters. When i get into the
sub lvl all the hidden bridges are there, the gates are destroyed and or open. And the sword is gone. Whatapout preplacing the sword instead of using triggers of that is possible?. I also ends whit 2 mind worms sometimes

Level 3
I have to say i have contracted almost every sigle bug anyone has posted (very annoying).

But surely the Beta testers must have found these bugs they are huge! Darky you have worked very very hard but are you sure you have posted up the final version? Or have you put an earlier version up for download?

Nevertheless this is still a great campaign and i am VERY impressed :)

Level 9
@Zazzadar - I agree with you. Those beta testers must have been asleep.

Some Malygoros Bugs:
1) Chain Freezing activates Displacement.
2) The information on his egg says "Chain Mana Freezing"
3) The Chain Freezing dummy casters are selectble! That's just plain careless.

4) Deadly Strike has no DISPASBTN icon.
5) Map 4 - the 5 Goblin Bombs say "Contains 3 Charges"
6) Map 4 - The Goblin Blademaster freed in the northwest section of the map in trapped by doodads.

~The_Raven

Level 8
Another bug I noticed:

Sometimes if you load a savegame some spells are working if they where on lvl 3, altough they are on lvl 1.

This bug firstly appeared in map 2.

Level 2
in map 8 i think (after azjol nerub), at the entrance of azjol nerub, were you come out, lies 4 or 5 items whith the name of the seed you get from the ent in level 3 (i think it was so) but the items summon a thing like a irrwish witch fliyng around you and destroy enemys in your region, but the text says its the seed rom level 3, with the same text.
and in level 6 (befor azjol nerub) my worker witch get lumber cant move, cause behind them become trees, but i dont do anything, i doint seed!

Level 8
Hmmm, yes, some text descriptions do not fit in the game correctly.

The 'Defensive Spikes' spell is described as a spell which reflects 1000% melee damage. This would mean that e.g. a ghoul would kill itself with 1 melee attack... :roll:

Level 3
Not in the mood for posting bugs.. As I only found spelling mistakes...
But the list doesn't stop :shock:
People keep on posting... I'm feeling sorry for Darky... It's an excellent campaing, ... But you should have taken more beta testers... or waited longer 'till the game was total bug free...

(Btw, look at the gold bar in the top of the screen... it doesn't completely fit (at least not on my machine :twisted: ))

Just to say... Good job darky :roll:

Level 1
I found a bug in the book with the spells(i forgot the name...)
You can cast ALL the spells endless (not only teleport)!!!!!

Level 1
Mission 3

I went with the goblin in these hole with the treasure´s. but i forgot something outside, so i went out and in again. now there are 3 goblins of me, and all have some skill bugs, so i must restart mission3 :/

Level 2
here are all the bugs i found

Text mistakes

Map 1
Meta says: go back to the foul whole that spawned you

Map 3
In the descripition of Kalistraza is written that she has holy light as skill althought she hasnt

Abilities

Whirl Wing: it says it deals 0 damage to buildings

Alchemie: The name has to be Alchemy ':shock:'

Daydream: has the description of flame breath

Items

The Owl feather has the description of the Lamp of Takman

Campaings bugs

A campaign button for map 5 is missed

When you save and load submap 3 you have more tha one Kazahm ':?:'

Ability bug

Mental domination isnt ended sometimes

When you use Alchemy(i know Alchemie':D'

or the Tome of Nageal you inventory can disappear

Jetpack doesnt cost Mana

Level 1
I'm having major trouble with some bugs. In map 4, where you first get to use your new dragon ally, I am stuck. I am supposed to build a Dragon Roost, yet I only start out with 90 lumber, making it impossible to build a Dragon Roost, since a Dragon Roost costs over 200 lumber. And I can't collect lumber without any buildings.... I spent 2 hours doing everything I could on the map, and there was no lumber items to be found. I then cheated to give myself lumber, and guess what??? You can't return lumber to the Dragon Roost! And the Dragon Roost is the only building that the dragon workers can make! So it's literally impossible to collect lumber, making mission 4 impossible to complete.

I also had some more bugs.... I'm playing the game on hard, have the latest version of The Frozen Throne installed, and I am using whatever version you get from downloading the link at the top of this page.

-The grammar and spelling issues are really annoying. There's no excuse for sloppy grammar and spelling in a campaign like this.

-Sometimes when I use Khaaazzzhhaam's alchemy ability, he loses all his items. I lost all my items in mission 3 while I had a teleport crystal in my inventory, and I had accidentally saved after that. So I had to restart the entire mission, which was a huge pain in the ass, since these missions are long.

-In the goblin hole submap on mission 3, I saved and then loaded, only to find... TWO KHAAAZHAAAMS! They both had identical items, too. So... I made the best of the situation and got myself a copy of my ring of regeneration.

-Sometimes when Khaaaazzzhhhaam is in his jetpack, he will just die all of the sudden. WTF?

-In the end of mission 3 when you are selecting which dragon you want, there is an error. The fire dragon says he has the Holy Light ability, which he does NOT. I chose the fire dragon because I wanted the holy light ability, and it turns out that he doesn't even have it. And is it just me, or do all the abilities of the 5 dragons suck except for the stone dragon?

-I don't know if this is a glitch, but for some reason my dragon broodling hero can't seem to Dragon Devour any unit that's over level 1. AND he doesn't digest units at 10 hitpoints per second, as the tooltip display says. Metamorphus digests like 5 times as fast as the dragon broodling.

-Not really a glitch, but in map 3, it took me FOREVER to figure out what to do with the teleport crystals. You really need to make it more obvious as to what you're supposed to do with them.

And how do I know what version I have? I just downloaded the file at the top of this page. Is the one I downloaded a buggy version?

Am I the only one that uses this tactic?
I always use Khaaazhaaam's goblin land mines near where a group of enemies gather. I then attack the enemies, run away until they stop chasing me, and when the enemies return to their "camp", they run over the mine. I keep doing this over and over until I kill the enemies. This tactic is really the only way I was able to get past some parts of mission 3.. but then again, I am playing on hard. But damn, don't reduce the difficulty on hard, because I like it to be this challenging! The bonus orc campaign for the Frozen Throne, even on Hard, was so easy that it took all the fun out of it....

Anyways, this campaign would be so incredibly sweet if it weren't for the bugs and grammar/spelling errors.

Level 2
Hey Phoenix Edge

your prob in map 4 is easy to solute
just use Metas brood eggs to breed a spider worker

with him you can biuld a spider base and.....(guess what): A LUMBER MILL

Level 10
Hmm, my bug has't been posted yet so i'll post it. I can not litterally pass level 3 where you choose your dragon. Even when i pick my dragon and and choose it and all that crap, it finishes the map, but i can't continue on to map 4. What the heck is going on>

Level 11
Umm... am I the only one who had the following bug:

After getting all the three quests done for the goblin in map 1 and I go to him, the cinematic starts two times. This means that if I don't skip it I receive the flask for the magical water two times. This means that I am forced to remain with a flask into my inventory FOREVER which means that I am unable to use that inventory place. This sucks hard!

Also, in map 2 I was able to get past it only through cheats. And also, first time i was about to finish it I did the following stuff: The base was ruined but the undead still had two acolytes. I mind controlled one of them and killed the other. Then I waited for the acolyte ot return to its normal state and killed him as well but the level didn't end. Also, when the rock barrier is off after the ent destroys it, you STILL cannot pass by it into dragon form. WTF?

Map 3... I didn't get what the scorpion king stuff was (be more explicit) and as for the crystals it took me quite a long time to get the idea. Again, make it more explicit. As for hte dragons, fix their skills descriptions as well.

Map 4... Again, very stupid quests and kinda hard to discover them all :?.

Map 5... I have stopped here because when I am in labyrinth I can hardly move because of the map camera and because of hte excesive lag. I agree that I have a slow computer but... Not like that!!!

Level 3
after the rocks are destroyed turn meta to spider form THEN you go through and you can turn into a dragon on the other side (if you want)

if you fly the wind blows meta awaymangos

Status
Not open for further replies.