• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bugs i found 1.1m beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
When i was ranger i used the test command and it let me level up till 28 even tho 25 is the level cap for ranger.

if you go up the spawn location there are some creep camps (wolfs mostly), well there's a small mountain which shouldn't be walkable and it is.

the nymph keeps looping cure.

you can learn claw 2 times (tho it's useful XD)

Last edited:
Level 13
The xp thing I can cover, using the cheat gives you a set amount of xp that will level you, so it skips the cap but you'll find you can't gain any more xp until you change class.

If you level legit, I managed to get to 26, not sure why I thought the level limit was 25.

Level 3
The xp thing I can cover, using the cheat gives you a set amount of xp that will level you, so it skips the cap but you'll find you can't gain any more xp until you change class.

If you level legit, I managed to get to 26, not sure why I thought the level limit was 25.

Legit level limit is 26. before advance class. Guess the reason for limited to 26 instead of 25 is for the 1500 Exp of Part I.

Level 8
Please report any bugs you can find in this version in the bug reports section!

Please post it all in one section to help Z, and make sure to not duplicate notification.
It's not contest I gues.

Level 4
Please report any bugs you can find in this version in the bug reports section!

Please post it all in one section to help Z, and make sure to not duplicate notification.
It's not contest I gues.

So simple. yet people care for their ease only.

Level 1
Irritating

I have to bring up the class quest for the Ranger. As far as I've seen (with exception to the mage) every other class quest is skill based. You either know how to do it or you don't. However, the ranger class quest is so random that theoretically it can never be passed. There should be some sort of skill involved rather than the amount of random paths the clouds take that make this the hardest class quest in game. The clouds don't have set paths (which they should) and can kill you upon entrance into the 'dream world'.

This quest is just poorly executed. The Cleric quest... Genius. Same with the Squire quest. The Thief quest is almost something directly out of Elder Scrolls. But something needs to be done about the Ranger quest. It's... just awful.

Level 10
While I agree that the quest is by far the worst and most frustrating this is neither A) A bug, B) has nothing to do with the beta version of 1.1m. Please post this in the proper threads or create a new thread addressing the problem.

Aside from that while I hate the randomness the quest involves I do like the aspect that it is the only job change quest that really ties in with the story of Gaias and it is possible to beat. Since it is random you can choose to beat this quest in multiple ways rather than 1 set strategy in which you are forced to do for the other ones. I personally max a lot of constitution and just feline reflex through the position itself while spamming potions, or you could go the long route and dodge clouds. If it was truely unbeatable then there wouldn't be so many druids/hunters in the game itself.

Level 1
While I agree that the quest is by far the worst and most frustrating this is neither A) A bug, B) has nothing to do with the beta version of 1.1m. Please post this in the proper threads or create a new thread addressing the problem.

Aside from that while I hate the randomness the quest involves I do like the aspect that it is the only job change quest that really ties in with the story of Gaias and it is possible to beat. Since it is random you can choose to beat this quest in multiple ways rather than 1 set strategy in which you are forced to do for the other ones. I personally max a lot of constitution and just feline reflex through the position itself while spamming potions, or you could go the long route and dodge clouds. If it was truely unbeatable then there wouldn't be so many druids/hunters in the game itself.

I never said it was unbeatable. My point still stands and is valid. Games are meant to be fun, and this quest is not at all, in any regards, fun. It's annoying and arbitrary.

Level 10
the ranger class quest is so random that theoretically it can never be passed.

when something can never be passed you are flat out saying it is unbeatable. So yes you did imply that.

There is strategy behind the quest though if you do the right one you'll never die. Sure it's not as fun as the other class quests I agree with you on that and I agreed above that I don't like the randomness but it is random by design and the bottom line is it's not a bug and doesn't change the fact that it doesn't belong being posted here.

Level 1
Ok, let my try and simplify it for you since reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong point: Sometimes when you show up in 'dream world' there are clouds that are right in front of you. They have a random appearance each game. Some set ups ARE unbeatable. Now, in statistics, no matter how small the chance is, there IS a chance that you get such a bad string of 'luck' that you can't ever get through that quest. I had a druid before my gamer tag was erased, but doing the quest line 30x before you get 1 success is annoying. The cloud sizes are ambiguous at best, and their paths through walls is irritating.

I've probably been gaming since before you were alive, so I've seen good games, bad games, game balance, and games that are so atrociously lopsided they should have never been produced. I know what I'm talking about.

Level 10
I've probably been gaming since before you were alive, so I've seen good games, bad games, game balance, and games that are so atrociously lopsided they should have never been produced. I know what I'm talking about.

Cool story bro. Anyways I'm done arguing since I guess my reading comprehension is bad, but you're too dumb to even read the proper place to post this so you can't obviously be much smarter. it's not a bug but intentionally designed, even if it is poorly designed, and has nothing to do with 1.1m beta and also happens to be the third time I've told you that so if you want to bitch about the ranger quest go post a new thread about it and make your argument there. The ranger quest has been brought up multiple times before in the past suggesting it to be changed. I've done it myself once or twice. The bottom line is I agreed with you I don't know why you are arguing against me on it. I don't like the random probability of the quest myself.

Level 13
Honor if you have an issue with the quest I'd suggest pming Zwieb about it as this is indeed the wrong place to post it. Your complaint has nothing to do with a bug. I would, like s0ul, suggest you make a post in the main forums regarding the quest.

Overall I've never had trouble with it. I guess some people just aren't very good at games.

The quest is not as random as someone might think. There are stationary clouds that are placed to force players to take the long way...
About the clouds camping the spawns: well... its very unlikely but can happen... just have a little patience and you will eventually can sneak by.

Remember that there is some "hidden lesson" in the task, which is related to rangers by design, as patience and observing are two of the main traits a ranger/hunter must have (at least in real life).

Level 4
I think someone mentioned this before, but anyway I'm going to post it. In the ranger quest, as a lvl 25 ranger with full agi/const ( ~300hp) you can just use feline reflexes and run the short way. In most of the cases, I didn't even need to use a healpot... This means, that you can easily abuse the quest and finish it in less than 10 seconds. If you use that strategy, there is almost no skill at all involved.
So my guess is to somehow block the short way, maybe with more clouds or whatever, then the ranger quest will be much more fun and challenging.
Side Note: Some people get Divine Shield from a bishop before entering the dream world... you can imagine the rest by yourself^^

Status
Not open for further replies.