• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Buffdummy, is there another way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hmph, this may seem like a silly question, but I'm seriously tired of having to make a buff dummy and loads of abilities (that are added to the dummy when needed) that places a buff on a unit.

Is there a function that can apply a buff to a unit without having to create a dummy and adding the ability AND making it cast the ability? ( 'cause I sure as hell haven't found one)

Or

Is there another way to apply a buff to a unit, that is more effective?

Level 6
Yes, buff overlaps is a problem. However, as long as you create more buffs they shouldn't overlap, right?

And dispelling and spell stealing sounds like a hard system to create, and since blizz already has one, what the hey?

How would this tornado aura replace the 'old fashioned' way?

Level 6
No, I'm using the buffs made by blizz, because they show up in the status bar, which is way better than having an invisible buff

Level 14
No, I'm using the buffs made by blizz, because they show up in the status bar, which is way better than having an invisible buff

Yea, shame no one posted how to make custom buffs appear by just adding an ability to the unit...

Is there any way to make "custom buffs" to fade in the status bar like normal buffs do? Not immediatelly disappearing.

Alas no.

Level 6
Hmph, ok so instead of having a unit dummy casting an ability that places a buff on the target, we just add an invisble ability to the target that shows a buff in the status field? You could've said that earlier, instead of being so... annoying/demeaning/condescending.
(I realize that you did say it earlier, but you didn't really explain it)

Last edited:
Level 6
I did ask a question in brackets, so I continued the thread even though I said forget about it (referring to the previous discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.